• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio Turbo 5000 mobile antenna

i appreciate this info..my wilson mag mount came apart .i went to clean underneath it before winter. and magnet stayed on .. i wanna try something different ..thinking its gonna be 3/8x 24 threads. i tried sirios they work good. just not much better than a wilson imho..i wanna get something setup for long local talking . in hilly areas

I think I’m going to try a shootout between the Wilson 5000, the 17” 10k, and the Texas...talking to a couple different receivers. If I can find a whip local, I’ll include that too. Of course, folks may discount my results because I’m going to use the Wilson mag mount with a PL adaptor, but I want to see for myself. I just threaded the 10k on after getting the PL adaptor in the mail. It’s been sitting in the corner of my garage since 2006 or so, and I wanted to see how much adjustment it might need. Wow..I forgot how flat these antennas are.

Reactions: 357magnum
RT , No fold down handle on the mag mount ? Curious , don't see it in the pic & don't see how it would fold .o_O 73 , Leo Ps , Looks awesome regardless !

My opinion... I have tried just about all of them since the 1970s. These 3 to me are the best. SS Whip, Predator 10KSingle 27In Shaft, Skipshooter 7ft. Anything shorter I'd go with a Skipshooter as long as I can. I have the 4,5,6,and 7ft lengths or a Predator with a shorter shaft of the same length. I have the 9, 17 and 27. All those have outdone the others of the same length, in many tests. If you want to get out there longer is longer, less is less. Good luck.
1 Jan. 2020
After reading your post, I ordered a Predator 10 K K-1-22 (22" shaft) for my four-door pick-up truck and I hope I ordered the correct length shaft. The distance from the top of the bed rail to the top of the roof is approximately 23". I have a Breedlove Quick Disconnect mounted on a stake pocket plate and the total length from the top of the bed rail to the top of the mount is 3". Installing the 22" shaft into the quick-disconnect mount and installing the coil and antenna, should place the bottom of the coil about 2" above the top of the roof. In the past, I did not have good luck when I had bottom coiled antennas lower than the top of the roof. The antenna will be on the front stake pocket on the driver's side, which we all know is not the best location, but I'll give it a try.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.