• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sirio TWIN-LOG High Performance CB Mobile Fiberglass Antenna?

Sirio TWIN-LOG 5 High Performance CB Mobile Fiberglass Antenna or 5ft SkipShooter?

• Total voters

Feb 14, 2013
The World
So never saw one like this. Any experienced ones think this 5ft is better than a 5ft SkipShooter? I need a 5ft 4in or less and narrowed it down to my 5ft SkipShooter or...
514+d93PJtL.jpg

Last edited:

50455460_10218214075966209_5548362241872494592_n.jpg
Its on a puck mount on the roof of a 2010 Jeep Liberty Renegade. 5ft is the max length I can have to get in my driveway without taking it down because of the electric line to the house. Also, when I want to shoot skip I have a 108 ss whip or a 102 inch whip with a 12in adjuster/ riser on the roof I use when not moving because thats 15ft to the top LOL. I am really only using this for the winter because during the spring and summer I don't mind taking the antenna down because it's not freezing and my normal antenna besides the whip for skip shooting is a Predator 10-K with a 27 inch shaft and that's up at about 13ft what is max for driving around here safely.
I was just wondering if anyone thought that was better than the SkipShooter which I chose the SkipShooter because in my searching I found it the longest antenna that has the thickest winding wire than all the other antennas that I have found what thickness wire they have, which to me is better for these types of antennas. I use LMR400UF Coax.
P.S. The roof racks are not there now.

Last edited:
View attachment 28688
Its on a puck mount on the roof of a 2010 Jeep Liberty Renegade. 5ft is the max length I can have to get in my driveway without taking it down because of the electric line to the house. Also, when I want to shoot skip I have a 108 ss whip or a 102 inch whip with a 12in adjuster/ riser on the roof I use when not moving because thats 15ft to the top LOL. I am really only using this for the winter because during the spring and summer I don't mind taking the antenna down because it's not freezing and my normal antenna besides the whip for skip shooting is a Predator 10-K with a 27 inch shaft and that's up at about 13ft what is max for driving around here safely.
I was just wondering if anyone thought that was better than the SkipShooter which I chose the SkipShooter because in my searching I found it the longest antenna that has the thickest winding wire than all the other antennas that I have found what thickness wire they have, which to me is better for these types of antennas. I use LMR400UF Coax.
P.S. The roof racks are not there now.
so is that a 9 inch 10k on there now in pic??

Reactions: Capt Crunch and 530
SKIPSHOOTER is what I’ve learned to use while mobile (different company semi tractors). I have 5’, 6’, and 7’ versions.

I practically have an antenna Museum at home, but these are the first ones I grab. Or plan around.
E0C2CD66-3CA0-45C7-97AC-15C37EF83347.jpeg

0253BEA1-0583-461D-B66F-88009FB4B7A5.jpeg

Same antenna but two different year trucks.

Getting it above the van roof made this stock position acceptable.

Other locations “may” happen.

A 5’ Wilson Silverload and a 5’ Firestik were not as good.

Just read the advert. Christ is there some real marketing bullshit in it.
Yeah they all bs a bit but those antennas have the thickest winding wire than all the others with their 4ft and longer. Never had an issue with the new ones and also had one of the originals from back in the 90s.

Reactions: hotrod
@530
about how long is the 27" shaft 10k tuned?
If I remember right its 88 inches. The 17 inch is around 78 in. The 9 is around 76 in. I am using LMR400UF Coax, 2 lengths 15ftish each as I can't remember exactly as I used the velocity factor calculator for Channel 20.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotrod

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated