• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sirio Vector 4000 band width ?

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
wanting to replace my Maco V5000 with something that has more band width and talks equal or better. i already have up an Imax 2000 that has a lot wide band width and love it, i was woundering if the Vector 4000 has much in the way of band my Maco V5000 sucks band width wise. i run 10,11 & 12 meters. i'd be happy if the Vector 4000 could get me into 10 meters with swr's below 1.5 seems like the Vector 4000's out talk the Maco V series antennas.

If you need to go that far...get a Sirio Gain Master.

IMO the Vector is a good antenna if you don't have a lot of wind and weather, but it won't come close to the bandwidth you wish.

will the Gain Master out perform or at least match the performance of the Maco V5000. my only complaint about the Maco is it short on band width. Gainmaster low wattage is no problem never more then 100 watts run here. just don't want to lose ground wave performance Maco is pretty good there

will the Gain Master out perform or at least match the performance of the Maco V5000. my only complaint about the Maco is it short on band width. Gainmaster low wattage is no problem never more then 100 watts run here. just don't want to lose ground wave performance Maco is pretty good there
i have not had any of the antenna mentioned but by what i understand the gain master will match or better your maco...probably the latter if the gainmaster is high and out of the way of obstructions ...if its not it may just match it

Reactions: 1 person
You're requirements of covering 10 through 12 meters with noticeable gain and at power levels under 500 watts, makes your choice easy. There is only one antenna that can do this and that's the Gain-Master.

And if i may ask... what would you choose between an Imax 2000 and a Gainmaster for performance?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.