• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Skip for Low wattage Stock cb crowd lsb 30

Just food for thought, propagation naturally runs north and south with the magnetic poles.

Been into radio for 40+ years and never heard tell of that. Propagation generally follows the sun but even that has exceptions. Early morning I work into Europe which is due east from me. As the day progresses DX shifts towards Africa with the Caribbean coming in late in the day and into the evening. Late at night it shifts towards the Pacific into Australia and New Zealand. If I stay up late enough it shifts towards East Africa sometimes in the wee hours of the morning and occasionally I have worked Europe after supper which would place ME west of them in the same direction that THEIR sun has shifted.

Simple question, all:

would everyone be interested in trying to work LSB 16 this upcoming week-end?

We've been getting decent skip these last two days. If our luck holds, maybe we can give the OP's idea some legs on LSB 16 (instead of 30) and take some of the pressure and congestion off of LSB 38.

I try LSB 16 each time I turn the radio on...skip or no skip taking place. Only thing I hear there is AM traffic. SSB outgoing transmissions from me bring no results on 16.

But...I always try and will again this weekend. (y)

Will be calling on 16 for sure, and all the 30's, folks if you can, move off the call channel (38) or (16) once you make contact, This is just good practice, and shows your a good operator, and it helps everyone, and it is fun as well, try usb, move around, 120 options to play with. This will help open up the band for everyone.

Here's what I posted to start another thread here on WWDX in an effort to get the troops ready this week-end to reclaim or revive (a matter of perspective) LSB 16.

A few of us have been working to bring LSB 16 back into the mainstream - mostly as part of an effort to relieve the congestion on LSB 38. Here's what I suggest for our next coordinated effort.

Saturday, June 22nd:
9:00A.M. eastern/8:00A.M. central/6:00A.M. pacific;
12:00 noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific;
3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/noon pacific;
6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific.

Sunday, June 23rd:
9:00A.M. eastern/8:00A.M. central/6:00A.M. pacific;
12:00 noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific;
3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/noon pacific;
6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific.

Of course, these are just suggestions. Anyone can try at other times, too. However, my thinking is that getting folks out there at coordinated times will help the chances of making contacts.

Please feel free to chime in with other ideas. I don't want to be a hog about this - just a strong proponent. I'm glad to keep the ball rolling and have the group of us tweak as good suggestions come forward.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?