• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Skip for Low wattage Stock cb crowd lsb 30

July 4th is Independence Day here in the U.S. Many of us will have the day off. How about we give the LSB 16 revival effort another shot then? My recommendation is that folks work around the following hailing schedule:

9:00A.M. eastern/8:00A.M. central/6:00A.M. pacific;
12:00 noon eastern/11:00A.M. central/9:00A.M. pacific;
3:00P.M. eastern/2:00P.M. central/12:00 noon pacific;
6:00P.M. eastern/5:00P.M. central/3:00P.M. pacific; and
9:00P.M. eastern/8:00P.M. central/6:00P.M. pacific.

The skip has been decent these last three days. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll hold.

I will be on 11 meters that day at 16 lower. Uniden 810e with quarter wave whip on my F150. Calling out or answering as Big A Boise 521. Operator Alan. I'll be using Turner +3 mic and pushing 10 watts PEP. Hope to be in touch with some of you.

Reactions: binrat
July 4th is Independence Day here in the U.S. Many of us will have the day off. How about we give the LSB 16 revival effort another shot then? My recommendation is that folks work around the following hailing schedule:

The skip has been decent these last three days. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll hold.
Uh, I live in the Mountain Time Zone. Can I still bring my toys to play? Had to tease a bit. Giggle.

For those of you that are interested, we've been having some luck today - July 20 - on LSB 16. The suggestion for maximizing our chances of success was to try to focus in on the following hailing schedule.

If you've ever had to work the pile-up on LSB 38, you understand why xm49north7's original idea of being able to use an alternate hailing frequency is worth pursuing. If we can make LSB 16 work again, we'll have accomplished something. All of us using SSB on CB will be able to reap the benefits of the effort.

Reactions: murdog and S&W357
I like talking skip, mostly side band- lsb 38 seems to be where everyone wants to be, I run a stock radio 4/12 watts, a 980. I get out well but those cb's with the big amps make it hard. Why don't people use other channels. I have had luck calling on say 30, or 36. I am suggesting people with stock gear call out on 30. I am able to get out good to other stock radios, I don't really want to buy an amp, I enjoy what I have. So if your on the side band talking skip, I will be shouting out on lsb 30, I am """ North 7""""" do say hello!! Do encourage others to do this. I would like to see a bunch of us who enjoy the challenge of stock radio. No problem with people and there amps, there is room for all. I do think it is time for us low what stock people to carve out our own place on the dial. Anyone else with me? Thoughts appreciated.

I like the challenge of running my barefoot CB Radios & I do my DX on the Amateur Bands where on most I am running a Kilowatt or more on HF & 6 meters.My Uniden 980SSB,TRAM D201A,or DAK Mark X all do just fine on SSB & I make plenty of contacts far from my home here in Florida with my Antron 99 at just 30 ft.I do make contacts on 38,39,& 40 LSB as well as channel 16 sometimes & I even use my old Realistic TRC-48's,TRC-46,& TRC-47 on channel 16 LSB.

SIX-SHOOTER

I will be on 11 meters that day at 16 lower. Uniden 810e with quarter wave whip on my F150. Calling out or answering as Big A Boise 521. Operator Alan. I'll be using Turner +3 mic and pushing 10 watts PEP. Hope to be in touch with some of you.

I wish I had not been STUPID & traded my 810e.It was completely Bone Stock & looked brand new.I made an error in judgement & made a bad deal in trading it away.One of the best little base radios I have ever owned.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated