1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

SkipGate live videogate is now available for CB 38 LSB

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by night.ranger, May 8, 2018.

1. night.ranger

night.ranger Member

SkipGate live videogate is now available for CB 38 LSB (27.385 MHz)

I am a long time skip shooter on the CB sideband channels (since 1979). I go by "South Carolina 116" when the skip is rolling.

I set up a live streaming videogate of channel 38 LSB for the summer skip season, so you can watch your signal coming in via skip to South Carolina, U.S.A. It does not run 24x7, but you can get notifications via YouTube when it is online. You can access it by entering the address below in your web browser;

http://skipgate.shadowstorm.com

Enjoy the videogate, and happy DXing!

Night Ranger/South Carolina 116 on sideband

Grinder74, kaos513, codeman and 2 others like this.

2. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

That's really cool. More folks should do this.

codeman and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  3. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

Thanks night ranger, I got to hear myself a little...and I was almost on frequency:LOL::LOL:

night.ranger likes this.
  4. kaos513

kaos513 Well-Known Member

last night i heard on my dipole

night.ranger likes this.
  5. Klondike Mike

Klondike Mike Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. We haven't had any propagation on 11m for a couple years now in Western Canada. Too far North. Brings back memories on how things used to be.

6. Dmans

Dmans Well-Known Member

Night Ranger,
    Cool Live Stream!

Slightly off topic, I have the same R/S DSP you are using and it used to work great. After setting up my station after being boxed up for about 10 years, it has issues. Would you happen to have a schematic for it? I can't locate one anywhere and out of all the gear I have, this is the only manual I'm missing.

Thanks
    73's
    David

7. night.ranger

night.ranger Member

Sorry. I did not get a schematic with mine either. It works great for nulling out AM carriers while on sideband, and it can turn an annoying roger beep in to a roger chirp.

Night Ranger

8. BBB

BBB Well-Known Member

Night Ranger, where were you last night when the Classic Radio Round Up crew was giving you a shout when the skies opened up?

Sparky out.

9. night.ranger

night.ranger Member

I was busy figuring out how to make the videogate work. I still have to figure out how to do line level audio input to my laptop since it does not have a separate mic or line level in jack.

Night Ranger

rabbiporkchop likes this.
  10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Well-Known Member

11. night.ranger

night.ranger Member

Attached Files:

12. DXman

DXman Well-Known Member

There was guy in Norway, this past cycle, that set a live stream on 27.555, he had his beam heading over the north pole to the states. It was cool to hear my voice come back through my PC when I tx!

Blackcat630 likes this.
  13. night.ranger

night.ranger Member

There is a guy in Pennsylvania that also runs a videogate on 38 LSB. He goes by "629". He and I have each other simultaneously talking to each other on both sides of the videogate. Pretty cool to see both sides.

Night Ranger

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.