• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SKYTHUMPER MIC

I replaced a 636L with a ST-65DX and reports from people I trust say it's louder and has a deeper tone than the Astatic on my Galaxy 88. Just my $.02.........

It is the rk56 copy but this skythumper is supposed to have power audio along with noise cancelling.Just wanted some opinions thats all.I have the rk 56 also great mic.

Sandbagger said:
It is the rk56 copy but this skythumper is supposed to have power audio along with noise cancelling.Just wanted some opinions thats all.I have the rk 56 also great mic.

I have an old RK56 and it sounds better then the new ones.
No idea why. The new ones don't seem to have any freq response.

The Skythumper operates better than the RK56 even though the mic shell looks the same. Have Skythumper myself but I rarely use a noise cancelling mic.The 65DX is not a bad upgrade if you are a fan of the RK type mic..
Al @ Sparky's has a listing for one on fleabay for $19.95 right now versus the $31.00 or so previously posted before.

skythumper

coondog said:
i just got one myself also,people on the air says it sounds great.they say it sounds better then my astatic and telex 56 mic.good clear audio and no muffled basy audio like the 56 and no twangy audio like the astatic.
How the skythumper performs on your radio depends on who your "tecnician" is, and what he did or didn't do to your radio. If your tech is on the white list, then chances are pretty good that you will get nice loud audio without having to back your mic gain down to almost zero. If tr32 or r239 have been cut, bypassed, disabled, or if you have a swing kit in your radio, you will probably be happier with a mic with a much lower audio output level such as the Astatic (Omnitronics) 636L.

skythumper

coondog said:
i just got one myself also,people on the air says it sounds great.they say it sounds better then my astatic and telex 56 mic.good clear audio and no muffled basy audio like the 56 and no twangy audio like the astatic.
How the skythumper performs on your radio depends on who your "tecnician" is, and what he did or didn't do to your radio. If your tech is on the white list, then chances are pretty good that you will get nice loud audio without having to back your mic gain down to almost zero. If tr32 or r239 have been cut, bypassed, disabled, or if you have a swing kit in your radio, you will probably be happier with a mic with a much lower audio output level such as the Astatic (Omnitronics) 636L.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.