• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
:LOL: sorry ssb guy here........................
No worries, I would be an avid SSB'er, but now I'm just a big AM BS'er, modded the old 142 GTL for AM swang, now SSB don't work, better get my radio off to the doctor, lol. :cool:
(Single side band mode still works on the 142, i'm just joking about the swing mod & sending it off)

It feels weird to me, no carrier.. The signal is there or it's not; it's like i'm lost in the twilight zone without the carrier, lol i'll get used to it.

Sometimes, the etiquette and mannerisms on 38 LSB make me feel like i'm supposed to have a license just to talk there; it's a different side of the CB for sure, and I like it.

If anyone is wondering why I'm so big into AM, well my first SSB capable radio was an early Galaxy 88HL, and the rest is history. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: tecnicoloco
705412f00cf60f55b9c787a333a5a080.jpeg

I don't know who is lying there. Lester or Tim.
If it was working right and now it's working incorrectly and it's a software issue then Lester needs to step up and fix it.

i don't know how the channel switch works in the lesscom expansion but if it is any thing like the switch in an RCI-2950/2990 control knob i had the same thing or what looks like the same thing happen.
It was due to the switch contacts getting tarnished or oxidized i had to carefully open it up and polish the contacts and fill it with meter guard "lube"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.