• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure enough. Someone pointed me to his live stream and I could not have hit pay dirt if I wanted to.
He had some Cobra 29 from Hawaii that a customer sent back.
And he is cussing and carrying on.... "how the f--k am I supposed to fix it man"
"I left here working i don't know what to tell you man f--k this s--t"

"Let me heat the radio up"

Then he runs a toy piano into the thing for nearly 10 minutes.
Then he feels the back and sides and says "the audio chip is hot! the audio chip is the problem!"
You just ran the thing in TX for damn near 10 minutes with a high pitched shriek into the mic!
Of course it will be hot!

Then he picks up his camera and tells the customer that he is replacing the audio amplifier because he ran the thing in TX for ever and a day and it got hot. That's what the problem is.

Then he tells the customer he put an old audio chip in the radio because he didn't have a new one. But I am betting he replaced that chip that was probably working with a new one.....
"I hope this fixes it so I am going to send it in the box with a cobra 2000 because I am broke and need money"

Proceeded with screaming "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuudddddddddddiiiiiiiiiooooooo" for 10 minutes.

Then he runs that damned piano into it for 10 more minutes!

"F--K! It's getting hot! same thing as last time!"
YOU THINK?

*touches solder side of pcb to make fart noises*

Screams "audio" for several minutes again.

Runs it into the piano for another 10 minutes!
"F--k it's hot!"

Records video... says he had it keyed down for 3 minutes, but it was a lot longer.
complains to the stream. whines about what the f--k is is supposed to do.
whines that it's not his fault... it's the customer. but he never said that in the video he made for the customer obviously. complains for 10 more minutes....
Every other word is a f--k or s--t.

If there were not real customers involved it would be funny.
And his gratuitous use of expletives.
And his little piano.

I am officially blown away.
Yeah he cusses and swears and every other word is man, man, man, man... He's very unprofessional.

Reactions: Limeybastard
i had a sign on my shop door. no limiters removed at this shop. take it to the truck stop.

Reactions: KD2GOE
Well Timmy has washed out another radio.
Tries to cover it as "the customer knows I am doing it"
But does the customer know it's bad? Certainly not.

Reactions: cbshack
CB Kidd

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Tim. He built two radios for me several years ago and I am happy with his work. One was a cobra 148 front Mic style and the other a grant lt. None needed to be cleaned out, just upgrades, open clarifier, and on the lt he did a wide narrow ssb mod. I am not saying he is perfect, but overall I was happy with his work. I worry about cleaning out radios with water and simple green. I also wonder if Tim knows how to use an oscilloscope correctly?That just doesn't sound right. I wish you all the best. I have found your videos informative and entertaining.

CB Kidd

I am sorry you had a bad experience with Tim. He built two radios for me several years ago and I am happy with his work. One was a cobra 148 front Mic style and the other a grant lt. None needed to be cleaned out, just upgrades, open clarifier, and on the lt he did a wide narrow ssb mod. I am not saying he is perfect, but overall I was happy with his work. I worry about cleaning out radios with water and simple green. I also wonder if Tim knows how to use an oscilloscope correctly?That just doesn't sound right. I wish you all the best. I have found your videos informative and entertaining.
He's a dick. He uses a water hose to clean out radios. What kind of a fool does that???!!!??!???

I need the instructions to a workman roger beep for a Timmy video someone sent me.
Guaranteed to be EPIC.

So one of his customers that's soon to be former that wants a roger beep and sent me the video where he can't install 8 workman roger beeps.
I think I see his fail but I need the instructions to confirm.

Well Timmy has washed out another radio.
Tries to cover it as "the customer knows I am doing it"
But does the customer know it's bad? Certainly not.
Because he preys on people that have little to no electronics knowledge. To Tim ignorance is bliss.

I need the instructions to a workman roger beep for a Timmy video someone sent me.
Guaranteed to be EPIC.

So one of his customers that's soon to be former that wants a roger beep and sent me the video where he can't install 8 workman roger beeps.
I think I see his fail but I need the instructions to confirm.
Probably a whole lot of cussing and man, man, man, man man...

Quite a bit more actually. but there was some of that too.
The customer is NOT HAPPY.[/QUOTE
I just saw that. Wow. I think he's starting to fall apart... His temper is worse than my ex wife. Maybe they need to hook up. Also he cannot take any criticism at all and everyone is out to get him. Typical narrcisstic attitude...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.