• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So here's a tool you need. Mike socket wrench.

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
The round nut used to hold a 4-pin or 5-pin mike socket to the radio has four slots. This tool is built to engage those slots so it can be removed and put back without destroying it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1748786678...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Bought two of them years ago, and some schmuck stole one of them. Forgot where they came from until stumbling across the Ebay dealer "tex-pan" again. I restocked, and it appears he has more of them to sell.

I have found no other source for a proper and robust tool to do this job.

The round nut used to hold a 4-pin or 5-pin mike socket to the radio has four slots. This tool is built to engage those slots so it can be removed and put back without destroying it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174878667880?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Bought two of them years ago, and some schmuck stole one of them. Forgot where they came from until stumbling across the Ebay dealer "tex-pan" again. I restocked, and it appears he has more of them to sell.

There's nothing better than having the correct tool for the job.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174878667880?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Just ordered one, thanks for the heads up.

looks like they are out of stock right now.

i remember seeing this exact product for sale on my local Craigslist years back, but of course didn't buy one back then.

i sure hope he starts selling more of them because i have always wanted one.
LC

Reactions: Holydvr
Mine showed up. Seems to be pretty well made. It wasn't until I had it in hand that I realized the hole in the tool was to put a screwdriver through for leverage.

Reactions: Handy Andy
I made mine out of a PL-259 connector. The threads on it are exactly the same as the mic jack. Grind the threads off on the 259 with a Dremel barrel stone until it slips over the mic jack, then use a cutting disk to form the two notches. The photo best describes what I did. Sometimes I grip the tool with pliers when it's too tight. I like the idea of adding a couple holes for a crossbar.

mic wrench.JPG

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1748786678...d=link&campid=5336136228&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

What do you use for the nuts on volume control, squelch ect? Do you use a basic stem socket like used in plumbing?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated