• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So.. then.. this site allows discussion of illegal CB stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwilkers

Jun 16, 2010
This is probably a rhetorical question...

Looks like a good site.. except that the "Illegal Good Buddy" stuff going on here....

Should I be sorry I joined here?

The embarrassment of being associated with a CB'er may be too great for some, it is true.

This is probably a rhetorical question...

Looks like a good site.. except that the "Illegal Good Buddy" stuff going on here....

Should I be sorry I joined here?

You tell us. This forum is for and about all aspects of radio be it CB, amateur, shortwave, scanner, or yes even the "freebanders" that frequent 26-28 MHz.There are sections that you may wish to partake in and others you may wish to avoid. That is fine. I would say that 99.9% of the people here know the legal issues regarding the usage of frequencies and amplifiers and no further reminders are necessary especially from self imposed Megacycle Marshalls. :D We all get along and we all learn from each other and we want to keep it that way. Feel free to post in or ignore certain sections as you wish.

Reactions: BammBamm
The embarrassment of being associated with a CB'er may be too great for some, it is true.

OH.. No problem with CB or CBers in the legal sense... just those who deliberately violate the FCC regulations. Heck.. *I* got started in CB :)

Looks like a good site.. except that the "Illegal Good Buddy" stuff going on here

I can assure that there is no Illegal anything going on here, this is a forum about radios, and related topics, among other things that spill over into radio.
We try not to put people in a "class" here, we all just like to play radio in one way or another.

Jeff

I can assure that there is no Illegal anything going on here, this is a forum about radios, and related topics, among other things that spill over into radio.
We try not to put people in a "class" here, we all just like to play radio in one way or another.

Jeff

I meant like discussing illegal CB amps.. using non type-accepted gear, and the like.

All in all... radio is radio.... I do not wanna seem like one of those "Elitists" I put my pants on the same as anyone else.

73 John

I meant like discussing illegal CB amps.. using non type-accepted gear, and the like.

73 John

YES....it is discussed all day long. Like the others said, you can avoid those particular subforums if they bother you and just stay on the ham subforums.

I don't have to like everything that's on a menu to enjoy going to a particular restaurant.

It's up to you if you want to take advantage of what is here.

kd8dvr Looks like a good site.. except that the "illegal Good Buddy" stuff going on here. Should I be sorry I joined here?[/QUOTE said:

I do not wanna seem like one of those "Elitists" I put my pants on the same as anyone else.

73 John

Don't be ashamed for standing up for any reasonable beliefs. If your elitist pants fit, by all means wear them.

So makey up yer mindy. Elitist or not?

I know, I live in Chillicothe and you live in Westerville. Just think of the personal injury and stress it would cause you if I broke the law down here in Ross County :eek:

All in all... radio is radio.... I do not wanna seem like one of those "Elitists" I put my pants on the same as anyone else.

73 John

all them illegals
ship them back
oh we talking about Radios

well i hope we dont get caught using anything other than a stock mic that came with the radio
since thats a modification to the radios output other than what came from factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.