• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So, where do I find a

W5LZ

Crotchety Old Bastard
Apr 8, 2005
Oklahoma
A few months ago I was "T"-boned at a red light. It was the best truck I'd ever owned and replacing it has not been easy (dang near impossible, there just aren't any around here for sale). I've managed to find a replacement (not exact but very close) and now I'm thinking of mounting an antenna. I've used a ball mount but they don't stand up too well, but also have used a brass disconect which did. Unfortunately, it went with the truck when it was totaled. Been looking for another one of the brass disconects but can't seem to find one. Anyone know where I can find one?
(Not one of the 'push and twist' kinda disconects, it's a 'scew on' type, not light.)
- 'Doc

The one I use is made by Hi-Q antennas. It's push and twist type, but it is solid stainless steel. The spring is very big and strong. It's strong enough to support the weight of the Hi-Q screwdriver with a 4" coil all by itself, with no additional guys or mid support on the antenna. You can find it at: www.hiqantennas.com/quick-disconnects.htm.

This thing will do what you want, for sure. If you don't need the strength of the stainless steel, he also has an aluminum version.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.