• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Solar minimum got you down?

You got locals? Man I'm jealous......:) Got one guy up in town every now and then when he gets drunk. Always wanting me to build him an antenna or talking about an A99. But that Cobra 25 or 29 with a K40 Mag mount stuck up on his shed sure works good. (y)

Yesterday on 19 caught skip to Miami, Lake Charles, and Maryland. Weird. Later, on 28 made couple contacts before the close. Funny how a homebuilt GP w/ a 102" whip @ 36 foot will make those contacts. Yes, I'm proud of my Homebuilt StarBuster. Will be eventually getting to building a 2 or 3 element cubical quad for 11m.

Just gotta find my Roundtuit.

I miss not having a working 148, ssb seems to make better contacts. My fun money set aside for repairs got spent other week at the dentists office. (n) So I guess I still got the Solar Minimum Blues. :cry::cry::cry:

Locals meaning a buddy or two who are hit & miss on the air due to work, or the dirt haulers on ch 1. They're not much for conversation though.

Locals meaning a buddy or two who are hit & miss on the air due to work, or the dirt haulers on ch 1. They're not much for conversation though.
You gotta learn to talk dump truckize...you know brag about backing into the ditch and having to get hauled out, complain about the wait to get loaded, complain about having to get out and cover the load even when you are only going 6 miles, and definitely have to bad mouth about DOT. Learn that and you can talk for weeks.;)

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
You gotta learn to talk dump truckize...you know brag about backing into the ditch and having to get hauled out, complain about the wait to get loaded, complain about having to get out and cover the load even when you are only going 6 miles, and definitely have to bad mouth about DOT. Learn that and you can talk for weeks.;)
Screw that noise... 90% of them only use the radio to talk to the loader, & scale house... occasionally I can find a pair yapping about something or other. It isn't about load times, or having to cover the load or even D.O.T.. I personally don't care much for D.O.T. however they are there for a reason, they do keep rolling wrecks to a minimum (for the most part). I have been fortunate as they leave me alone ( I haul horses up & down Ca.). 99% of the time my radio is on 38lsb, & I'm getting to know a few of the operators I pass by. Thousand Oaks, Santa Monica, Long Beach, La Verne, all have a few operators to chat with as I pass through. I have yet to find anyone on around San Diego, or Temecula. There are a few AM operators around Inland Empire area that I have heard. Had a few dirt haulers screw up any chance @ making contact on 38 lsb as they were on 38 am. Next time I think I'll just unload on them while on lsb & mess with them...

Reactions: Redbeard U812
Huh, i heard some guys up my way on 38 am. I was on lsb. They were working some kind of road construction . I was wondering why 38am?

Huh, i heard some guys up my way on 38 am. I was on lsb. They were working some kind of road construction . I was wondering why 38am?

That right there was what I was wondering myself...

So they could mess with 38 LSB I suppose. Probably didn't know the protocol, they would have been better off with 1 or 2 AM. I actually like 2 if want to hold conversation without interruption. We used it during Hurricane Harvey on our Pilgrimage west by northwest, running away. Then coming back. Made our caravan interesting. Should have heard all the 11m traffic coming back in. No phones, no lights, no motor cars.....not a single luxury.......but CB's were crank'n out by the sea. People BBQ'n and listen to the radio to hear what's going down.

Well, 38lsb was going pretty good this morning. I was enjoying listening to most of the guys that were on. Until some jackass decided to start running a Tarzan yell every few seconds. After that I ended up on 39lsb for a while listening to some of the guys there... noise toys shouldn't be accepted on 38lsb... I thought Channel 6 was where that crap belonged.

I dont care for noise toys either. I dont even use a roger beep.
Agreed, no noise toys no Roger beep. No echo either. Yes, I know, some people get the echo right. Just enough to add to the operator's voice. Most however seem to overdo the echo & it sounds like merde. I'm to the point that if the echo is too much then I do my best to ignore them. Or I request that they turn off the echo.
Yes, I'm an asshole...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.