• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

solarcon antena install

fasteddie

Jul 20, 2009
upstate ny
just hooked up my new to me base antena solarcon. i have upgraded from a little will. all is good the little will hade high swrs solarcon is running a 1.5:1 on the match and the base of the antenna is abought 10 feet above the roof line. question is how do i tune this antenna if it is tunable at all. i know the swr is ok but i would like to get it lower

click to go to page and then click again to make it larger ;)
you adjust the tuning rings .

Attachments

• antron99.jpg
    antron99.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 20
i was just looking for tunning instructions i'm not familiar with the antena. i have the power loss chart from firestick already, no i'm not satisfied with1.5:1 thats why i wanted tuning instructions. but the 1.5 is better than the 5:1 match that the little will hade would only reach 1/2 mile down the road, i'm getting abought 15 to 20 miles with it now depending on conditions.;)

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that SWR has any significant relation to 'range', it doesn't. It's about like saying your miles per gallon depends on the color of the socks you happen to be wearing. The color of those socks might indicate a particular mind set, or attitude, that may be a sign of you being in a 'frugal' mood. But that certainly doesn't mean that every time you wear that color you will get great gas millage. Same with SWR.
- 'Doc

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that SWR has any significant relation to 'range', it doesn't. It's about like saying your miles per gallon depends on the color of the socks you happen to be wearing. The color of those socks might indicate a particular mind set, or attitude, that may be a sign of you being in a 'frugal' mood. But that certainly doesn't mean that every time you wear that color you will get great gas millage. Same with SWR.
- 'Doc

What!? I always wear my red socks to get the best SWR and gas mileage. . . now what am I gonna do???

- 'Doc

no but it does make a difference when your only working with 4 legal watts and your trying to cut through the noise that is out there that couple of watts or couple tenths of a watt could mean the difference. i know there is alot more to it than that though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.