• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Soldering Iron recommendation?

SuperDave

Sep 10, 2012
Luling, La.
Looking to do the power wire upgrade to my TS500 and to my recently acquired TS Sweet Sixteen but my junker “gun” style soldering iron isn’t going to cut it.

Any recommendations on what to get? I’m assuming something around 60w with a variable setting and changeable tips.

It was $53 but no longer available. These units are made under several different names I see.

I've used this one for a few years and has worked really well. Heats really quick and doesn't lose heat when working on larger projects. Hakko fx 888D. I wish they had of went with different styling but aside from that it works really wellScreenshot_20200308-221130_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Reactions: Slowmover
Soldering 150A Anderson connectors is easy work with one of these;

butane1583725674.jpg

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/butane-micro-torch/A-p0141010e

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated