• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Some blasts from My/The Past Been going through My Stuff

I was responsible for maintaining the 350 and 300 3-motor decks at a local radio station 45 years ago. Bought a couple of the 300s when they moved to new studios around 25 years ago. Can't believe I was ever young enough to hoist them up to the attic.

Looks more like a clothes washer than a tape deck. Weighs at least that much.

And they're all mono half-track.

Had the half-psycho notion of "retirement project" to restore them at the time they got stashed in my third-floor attic.

Not sure how many lifetimes I would need to make that happen. Then again, I may have all the tubes I would need stashed, too.

Here some more fun? And I also serviced the Old R to R's. as well Mr. Kilowatt along right on up to the Reel to Reels that had 8 trks as well as the whole bunch of other 8 trk's mostly automotive as they were a big deal in the 60 up to the late 70's. This is what happens when you start digging up old files I have about 30 boxes of this stuff and only have looked at 3 or 4 boxes so far found tons of schematics of devices and these were magazines that belonged to my Uncle who was a hell of tech going bac to the 40's and on up to the late 80's when cancer took him. Whish I had images of his shop you would all loved it.

I still have the Heathkit impedance meter I built and the Heathkit VTVM just look at those prices.

page1.jpg page2.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.