• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Someone Sent Snake 12 Radios To Get Worked On WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 cents?

More like $3.50.

You guys aren't gonna change my opinion, nor are we gonna change yours.

I know a few individuals that do good work and are very knowledgeable, but damn dudes, I sure don't put them up on a pedestal and worship them like you guys are doing.

You guys give Snake more love than the Maytag repairman gets.

BTW, can't Tim fight his own battles?

Last edited:
Sorry Robb....To what are you referring?

I didn't come here to do anything but to converse with others, learn what I can from other sources and good old fashion conversations. What I didn't expect to find is guys bad mouthing a guy that I consider a friend. Now do I know everything about radios, no... Does Tim? No... but I certainly don't expect you are an all knowledgeable individual either. Nobody knows all there is to know but that's why guys like us got into radios was to learn, experiment and have fun. Then a guy comes along and puts his heart & soul into making CB's better than what they were from the factory and he catches fecal matter over trying to make a living doing what he enjoys doing. He is good at it! Is he the best? Darned if I know but he puts good ol' fashion American pride, sweat & tears into making the customer happy with their radio and in his work. So what if you don't like him! I do! He's good people! Again, I never imagined I would join a forum of what I thought was "like minded people" just to have them belly ache & bad mouth over a guy doing what he enjoys.

I for one always try and keep peace, keep conversations light hearted and fun. If I were a man that came on forums to flame another guy intentionally I sure as heck wouldn't use a traceable user ID, would I!? Yes I'm torked at the attacks here on Tim. I'm always the first to say a person is entitled to their opinion but if they bias their opinion on nothing but conjecture and hearsay then its not an opinion...it's slander

What ever dude, so does that mean that since Radioactive does not post here we cannot give an honest opinion of his Super Whack Pack Mod????
LOL, yea what ever, hey if this dude is da man then he can come over here and set us all straight.

What ever dude, so does that mean that since Radioactive does not post here we cannot give an honest opinion of his Super Whack Pack Mod????
LOL, yea what ever, hey if this dude is da man then he can come over here and set us all straight.

I think he already tried that a few times and it didn't work out too well for him . . .

Im not trying to change anyones minds and like I had said in the previous post if you read it and understood what was written is that I am not defending the man just sharing my expeirence for which I had. Do I care if you have a radio done up no not at all. There are other good techs out there as well.Im sure Doug does great work and everyone raves about him but I never had any work done by him so I can not put the man down or praise him. To each his own. If I had a bad expeirence with a tech out there I would post it. Like I say do what you want with your money and have who ever you like work on your radio. And not here to make the man a god which he is not but by me he did right, you guys must have had radios done up by him and were not happy with results cause I would only speak bad about someone who provided me with a bad product or service.

Reactions: 1 person
People go to Doug because he has a great deal of experience, knows how to use his tools, and can troubleshoot with the best of them. But no one here tries to blow smoke up every bodies yazoo about him. Its a business transaction with someone who is known for his expertise.
Get it yet?

Last edited:
Get what yet? I did not smoke smoke up anyones ass. I just posted about my expeirence.
You say Doug is good that I dont know never had Doug do any work. If I may ask have you had any work done by Snake Radio? Because if you have not how could you bash or put someone down if you have no dealings with. I just hate to see people bash or put down people that they have had no expierence with. Maybe this is why I tend to stay on hand bands more than cb seems.

Reactions: 1 person
Get what yet? I did not blow smoke up anyones ass. I just posted about my expeirence.
You say Doug is good that I dont know never had Doug do any work. If I may ask have you had any work done by Snake Radio? Because if you have not how could you bash or put someone down if you have no dealings with. I just hate to see people bash or put down people that they have had no expierence with. Maybe this is why I tend to stay on hand bands more than cb seems.

Most of us have watched his videos. That's why he doesn't get my work. His videos and his own admissions here are his worse enemy.

Last edited:
Tim is a member here.
As has been said before, if you put your work in a public venue, it is open for comments/criticism.
The first thing he was criticized about was using hot melt glue to attach heat-sinks to devices that....well get hot, not a real good idea.
He admitted he has no formal education about electronics.
He also admitted the he resourced the internet for most of his knowledge about radio ( see thread where he admitted he had been schooled by L/C about some of his work) and one of the most telling things he said himself was that he "tuned" radio`s by ear not using proper test equipment.
I am sure he has Happy customers, after all, some CB operators are not educated enough to know how to use the front control's on a CB radio, much less work on the inside of them and there is a market there for someone to do that, there are truck stop CB shops across the nation that do it daily.

Quote from L/C:
I gave you the mod to get rid of the channel muting because i know you are doing mod installs and i want to maintain the integrity of "the mod" no matter who puts it in a radio.

your work is improving, and i do hope you continue to learn, but you do need to start learning the "whys" instead of just the "whats" and "hows".

For example, did you know that its not a good idea to replace the 2SC1674's with the 2SC2999's except in very few cases? the 1st RF amplifier is one of them, but there is a big difference between a "quiet radio" and "reduced sensitivity". the gain figure of the transistor is only one part of the equation.
its about why its quiet.

do you know the downsides to broadbanding the RX and TX mixer stages in these radios?

do you realize that getting rid of the SWR CAL control doesnt work like you think it does?
just because the radio calibrates on your dummy load doesnt mean that it will calibrate on the customer's antenna.

do you know why its not a good idea to tune the 455khz IF cans using a 27mhz signal?

remember that the testimonials you get are from people that know less about it than you do, otherwise the majority of them would be doing it on their own.

He has admitted that he will remove AM limiters from radios to make them louder....there are shops out there that refuse to do that and tell there customers why it is not a good thing.

This post is telling, i will let you figure it out on your own.

Also loosecannon I never read any of your posts on the net. I have gotten most of the mods I do from just looking around not from any one person and never from one of your posts that I recall. Thank you for the muting issue mod works very nice and I am using it on all my 148`s I build now.

I have to address this post:

but if they bias their opinion on nothing but conjecture and hearsay then its not an opinion...it's slander

Not at all, most of it can be based on his own admissions here so how can you even begin to call that "conjecture and hearsay" ?
Tim is more than welcome to come back here and defend his work....
But, his last post....was this.

This will be the last post as I am so busy with radio work I will not have time to respond to anymore posts. 15 jobs are waitng for me and getting I am more work everyday. Thanks to everyone that has responded to my post me. And for christ sake we are talking about cb radio`s not a nuclear bomb lol.

I will finish with this Quote from L/C from the thread that started the whole Snake radios debate.

i want to address all the new forum members who have come here to defend Tim, and attempt to slap our wrists for what has been posted.

you guys need to study this thread more, and be sure to read ALL of the posts before you reply.

did you guys notice that this thread is more than a year old, and the only reason its active right now is because Tim posted a "rebuttal" a year after the thread was made?
look at the dates of the posts.

When i started this thread in 2010, it was to have a laugh with my fellow 2000GTL enthusiasts about how someone could call a 2000GTL with a bunch of knobs on the back "UNHACKED".
we found that funny.

you guys wouldnt know it because you are new here, but on this forum i am known as somewhat of an MB8719 snob, and i am comfortable with that label.

Tim came here a year after the thread died and took offense to what was posted.
everything posted after that is in direct response to what he posted.

im sure you would all agree that the best way to keep from having your tech work dissected would be to keep it private and not post videos of it on youtube.

trying to ruin someone's business? no way, far from it.
im sure many of us here wouldnt mind helping Tim along in his journey, but he has put himself in a tough position by being too proud to ask questions about things he hasnt learned yet, and propping himself up in his vids as the end all be all cure to truckstop hack mods.

again, read all of the posts and check the dates before you reply

This thread was posted to apply a rather LARGE Spoon to a pot that has already been stirred here.
If the fire gets turned up much more, it will end up like the last thread.
Tim is more than welcome to log on and reply on his own if he feels he needs to say something.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
I concede to the fact that everybody has their right to their opinions and to the fact that some folks don't like Tim, his work or his videos. OK, I'm cool and it's water under the bridge for me.

I offer my formal apologies to M42duster & Robb for anything I said that may have torked them off. Again I have been a member of many forums for many years and this is the first time I have let my emotions dictate my actions. I felt the attacks towards Tim & his customers as they were called "fanboys" were unwarranted and it ticked me off. Again my apologies to Duster & Robb specifically for any flaming towards you guys and to anybody else that I aggravated.

With that said...I won't let it happen again. Take care & happy DX'n guys!!!

NKS

Thanks man!

So to change this topic sorta and for me to learn more about you guys....Who's Doug? Where is he or company? Don't think I have ever heard of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.