• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SP-1a Speech Processor

Ok you got my attention. How does it work? You making them to sell or what?
Not for sale, just fooling around on my end. As far as all the audio products, this board did the most to the signal then contemporary boards, ie Top Gun compressor, Lou Franklins Dynamic speech processor . Most just clip or amplify the voice. This board actually compressed and expanded the voice as seen on an oscope. You can buy the board in a tin box from Bobs Cb

Yeah I have one in the metal box, never tried it out though. I’d kinda like to build it though, buying is probably easier and faster considering I can pick them up wholesale. But still, that takes the fun out.

‎Someone will podri@ help me with installing SP-1a to a Ranger 2970n4, I will be able to connect it to audio plug that comes out of the card where the pins are, I think they are pin 1 and 2, and tie the SP-1a output to that same cable below???‎

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rci/rci_2970dx/index.htm

1-shield
2-audio

That's all you'll need I think.
From mic jack to the in of the sp1a and the sp1a out to the pads where the wires you removed from the mic jack on the pcb side.

Pretty much like an echo board installation goes.

I bought the last 2 Bob's cb had and will eventually be using them on a future project myself. I have yet to install one or even look at the instructions so I'm only guessing here.
Maybe someone who has installed one will chime in

Hopefully someone will produce another one similar to it, seems like many folks have been pretty fond of them. I've got 2 from Bob's that are still on stand by and still unsure what radio needs one.

Lester is over charging for someone else’s design. I made my boards for a fraction of that price and it’s all surface mount. Only thing I left out was the relay, it is only there to bypass the SP1A.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.