• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SPACE SHUTTLE AND SPACE STATION

KI4MSJ

Jun 4, 2006
Staunton, Virginia
At 9:37PM tonight I watched the space shuttle atlantis and space station fly over my house. It had a -3.3 mag and was extremely bright and very fast, maybe three minutes at most before it was out of site. This was Atlantis's final flight. What an awsome sight.

Hey Scott!

I watched it go over as well. I had just let my dog out and was standing on the back patio and saw it coming into view. At first I thought, man that is a really bright sat and it is really moving. I then remembered the plot for the shuttle/station was due for a pass over from a message on one of the other boards I subscribe to. It was an awesome sight.

& PS

146.805 Rag Chewers Net
8PM EST nightly. Have you ever checked in to this net?

Wayne C.

Watched it over Southern California as well. Nice sight to see, extremely fast. Not sure which one came first, but the first one I saw was moving extremely fast heading N NW, I figured this to be the Atlantis. The second was, I'm assuming, the ISS, which started about 20 degrees above the W NW horizon and traveled in a S SE direction until it faded out. Also, while waiting to see the second sighting, we saw a shooting star as well. The moon was amazing until it dipped below the mountains on the horizon here in the valley.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.