• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparkys CB shack order

...they better not have clipped the radio.

If they're still putting the 'warranty' seal on the case you'll have to remove it (and void your 'warranty') but if you look closely at the trace leading to the AMC I'm confident you will find it has been cut. I have seen the inside of dozens of 'Sparky tuned' radios and every one of them had the AMC disabled like that. :sad:

If they're still putting the 'warranty' seal on the case you'll have to remove it (and void your 'warranty') but if you look closely at the trace leading to the AMC I'm confident you will find it has been cut. I have seen the inside of dozens of 'Sparky tuned' radios and every one of them had the AMC disabled like that. :sad:

Why in the world!? would they clip the AMC on a magnum s45HP? :mellow::mellow::mellow::confused:

its back to pending again the tracking # is no good i called again and talked to some (wont say it) only to find out it will be shipped out today and wont have it until next Thursday.... fml

Last edited:
Not defending Al or negating.

It used to be, Al or the gent from customcbradios " tuned" the units going out.

I have opened the cases on every radio and never had a warranty issue. Bought a 25 with the rfx75 mod that squealed like a bieber fan and re-soldered the ground. The ic chip died and sent it back and explained my repairs. Fixed and sent back.

Got a 949 that over modded, found a cut trace. Sent back and replaced with a pristine unit.

I think if you crank all the pots and then complain, you may run into issues.

Not defending Al or negating.

It used to be, Al or the gent from customcbradios " tuned" the units going out.

I have opened the cases on every radio and never had a warranty issue. Bought a 25 with the rfx75 mod that squealed like a bieber fan and re-soldered the ground. The ic chip died and sent it back and explained my repairs. Fixed and sent back.

Got a 949 that over modded, found a cut trace. Sent back and replaced with a pristine unit.

I think if you crank all the pots and then complain, you may run into issues.
i my self do not ever crank the pots.
who does that anyways?:bdh:
will just have to see if the amc has been tinkered with...
the man him self said " we never cut the limiters, unless the customer asks for it to be done"....

copper.com

order a new rci2950dx from copper,got it...hooked it up and had a 40 wt carrier on ssb.Had to ship back to rci,got it the same week.Was happy with rci myself,not copper.Then order a new rci2980wx,peaked and tuned,transmits great,low recieve.When the warrenty runs out will turn up recieve.Will order from now on from someone else.Never had a problem with them before now.

Several things here, first off I would not even mention Copper and Sparkys CB Shack in the same sentence. Sparky's actually has qualified techs on hand that tune every radio. I would not let Copper touch my toaster.

I have gotten several radio's from Al (Sparky's) and they were all outstanding talkers. Rest easy, your Omega Force will be a butt kicker. Most of the stone throwers here either have an axe to grind or don't know any better.

By the way, the Omega Force HP is a very hard radio for any shop to keep in stock, has been for about a year now. Usually a shop will get a limited number in and then they are gone in a very short time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.