• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparkys CB shack order

alright, radio kicks butt. 80w PEP. 3wDK. works great was already converted. came in the newer s45hp BOX. amc is not cut. :) wow they actually listened to me on the phone. scoped it on ssb and am there is a slight peak off on ssb but thats alright, this is no AR3500 :) or icom at that.

alright, radio kicks butt. 80w PEP. 3wDK. works great was already converted. came in the newer s45hp BOX. amc is not cut. :) wow they actually listened to me on the phone. scoped it on ssb and am there is a slight peak off on ssb but thats alright, this is no AR3500 :) or icom at that.
Excellent radios. You will love it! In the MTX mode, the Top-Gun compressor is engaged. so that might affect the SSB scope pattern. It is very loud on AM.

You didn't mention whether you're a ham or not. If you are, send me your email and I'll send back "Secrets of the OmegaForce S45HP".

yep. i got the regular s-45 w/ dual mosfets love it. these are great radios
no thier not icoms ,but then again they dont cost 600.00 dollars

yep. i got the regular s-45 w/ dual mosfets love it. these are great radios
no thier not icoms ,but then again they dont cost 600.00 dollars
I find the S45's to be amusing radios. I call them a "dual-use" radio, because they are quite able performers on 10M (though to be honest, I use mine mostly on 11M. I actually prefer my OPTIMA for 10M, though the S45 pinch-hits every so often).

Cause it can. It has variable power, dead key range is probably 3-12 or something like that.

3w-9Vari w DK. STX = 60w, MTX = 90w.
no matter where the dk variable is it still swings max, unless i change mtx to stx.
and why do i have it at 90W, close enough to 100w... no over modulation and no issue with ssb. anymore higher and ssb is outofcontrol.

max temp from RFX75 \= 140 Degrees with a constant tone on AM to a dummy load.
thermistor @ 70 degree's 12v to fan.

3w-9Vari w DK. STX = 60w, MTX = 90w.
no matter where the dk variable is it still swings max, unless i change mtx to stx.
and why do i have it at 90W, close enough to 100w... no over modulation and no issue with ssb. anymore higher and ssb is outofcontrol.

You sure?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.