• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Spray painting a Solarcon A99 antenna

DXman,

What antenna is on the tower in your pics? I thought I seen a pic before you had on here with a pdl-2 on tower.

also does the parkerized paint affect you swr and does it stick good to aluminum and will it be ok for pdl-2 plastic hubs or is there a uv block paint I could use on the plastic hubs?

AP

airplane1 said:
DXman,

What antenna is on the tower in your pics? I thought I seen a pic before you had on here with a pdl-2 on tower.
It's a Maco antenna - never had a PDL ll.

also does the parkerized paint affect you swr and does it stick good to aluminum and will it be ok for pdl-2 plastic hubs or is there a uv block paint I could use on the plastic hubs?AP

The paint does nothing to hurt the SWR. It is a paint that is made to work on Aluminum, Firberglass and steel. When applied on properly perpared surface and let cured for 3 days it becomes a very tough coating. Main thing is to make sure all "oil" is removed before coating and not to use a cleaner that may contain oil.

Krylon has a paint made specially for Plastic - Plastic Coat.

"...I shot an arrow in the air..."

Wouldn't it be easier to draw one up into those "telephone pole" forest of trees?

Just use the mast pipe as a counterweight...

WOW

"...I shot an arrow in the air..."

Wouldn't it be easier to draw one up into those "telephone pole" forest of trees?

Just use the mast pipe as a counterweigt

It was pretty easy the way I did it, and it works very well. I have other shorter antennas in them trees, but that big whip would make contact with tree branchs in the severe wind we get up here in these Hollers. 73

that 102" whip was camoed good till they found the coax :( then i was shut down i hate apartments

What about going the patriotic route and having a nice, 10' fiberglass flag pole? It would merely be a coincidence, of course, but it might just have a 102" antenna hidden inside of it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?