• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SSTV

That 40 meters frequency is only a guess, can't remember exactly what the freq was. I've done SSTV for a lot of years, mostly on 20 meters. It may not always be hear-able but there's always somebody there. Everybody is just waiting to hear something, so send a picture and you'll get a reply. Maybe. Day time is more common than night time, but there's always someone there.
- 'Doc

14.233 is digital stuff. The latest 'gimick' is to be connected to the internet and only sending a URL. The program goes and get's the picture and displays it. Something just isn't 'right' about that, you know? Oh well...

Reactions: 1 person
.... The latest 'gimick' is to be connected to the internet and only sending a URL. The program goes and get's the picture and displays it. Something just isn't 'right' about that, you know? Oh well...

I also told that to the .233 group about the HYBRID mode.:D

when I said if I wanted to send pictures over the internet, I would just send them as an attachment to an E-mail,.......

you would have thought that I just shot their dog:headbang

I have the absolute hardest time trying to interest anyone in using DIGI at all. They always say why when I can just talk to them, and then they say just a minute as they whip out a perfectly good phone and return a text to someone.

:bdh:

I also told that to the .233 group about the HYBRID mode.:D

when I said if I wanted to send pictures over the internet, I would just send them as an attachment to an E-mail,.......

you would have thought that I just shot their dog:headbang

I hear ya. I was interested in copying the digi sstv on .233 until I found out you had to be connected to the internet to receive the pic. I was wondering why I couldn't get Easypal to actually receive a picture even when the sigs were good.

What's the point of using any RF at all?

I just "walked away" from the whole thing. :sad:

I hear ya...What's the point of using any RF at all?

I just "walked away" from the whole thing. :sad:

the group on 20 meters is kinda "closed-minded":whistle:,.............. come on down to 40 meters. we still actually send the picture (most of the time).

I am also doing some EASYPAL on 28.685 or so.

Got a surprise last night. Almost ready for bed (3 Am) and listening on 14.230. Saw a F6HHO calling CQ and answered him. Really surprised when he answered! Exchanged 3 or 4 pictures, not the best, but not bad. Why surprised? 20 meter dipole maybe 15 feet high, and 75 watts, from Oklahoma. When it works it works really nice!
- 'Doc

... 20 meter dipole maybe 15 feet high, and 75 watts, from Oklahoma. When it works it works really nice!
- 'Doc

yeah,........ i RXed this pic yesterday, but didn't have time to reply.

copy SSTV by ear????

Attachments

• w5lz.jpg
    w5lz.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 234
Does anyone know what happened to all of the digital SSTV operation on 7173? The last few weekends I've tuned there I've heard virtually no activity and it used to be very busy there. Thanks

73, Rick K8CAV

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated