• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Star Duster Adjustment

Yeah there is many ways of looking at any situation. You can be too fussy or be a good enough slob but all I know in my limited knowledge is when I turn the Amp on the SWR appears to get worse. I also would love to have a antenna analyzer but have to face the facts that I'll never be in the radio business so I have to spend my money where it will do me the most good. I some times have trouble keeping myself under control realizing this is just 1 of my many hobbies and I never did get Over-Paid by anyone. Thanks for the help & Happy DXing !!!:love:

Last edited:
What Mr. Shadetree and the others said. Next step is antenna analyzer. How at your reports back with contacts. Is everything talking as you expected. Double check your transmission quality with someone you trust that will tell you the truth and not just say sounds good, because her can understand the language is spoken English. Listening to radio checks can be entertaining at times. Operator A sound like Ozzy Osbourne live in 1983 after finishing an 8 -year-old bottle of Quaaludes and 3/4 bottle of Johnny Walker. Operator B reply- yeah sounds good, blowing my meter up. Giving me 9 pounds. My concern is your antenna my not be efficient. Not to be Mr. Negativity, but your SWR numbers may be too good for expectations. Best of luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.