• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stock mikes

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
well, time to update my stock mikes elements is the higher the impedance the better response and clearer sound. I have 4 of them 1 reads 500 ohms 3 reads 450 ohms 1 reads 150 ohms i'm looking at to new elements 1=
  • Sensitivity: -70+/- 3dB (at 1KHz)
  • Impedance: 500 ohm
  • Frequency Response: 300~6KHz
  • 2nd one=
  • Element Type: Dynamic Moving Coil
    Pattern: Cardioid
    Impedance: 500 Ohm
    Freq. Resp: 100 Hz - 12000 Hz
    Sensitivity: -76 db +/- 3db
    S/N Ratio: >65 db

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb

That's not a problem.
You need electret capsule and small mod inside radio.
Add 1 resistor and 1 capacitor.
and where can a lost soul find such valuable info if you don't mind directing me to that so call info i only use cobra radios 2k and 148 gtl

That Cobra?

just order the electrec mike got one for now to experiment
I obtained the Threesome offering from likely the same fleebay seller. Sponge was far too large to properly orient electret elements in D-104 Mic Head. Manufactured disk from ABS plastic and drilled holes through the 1/4" ABS thickness. Perfectly aligned elements to front facing, with a little depth to spare.

The seller was not at all forthcoming as to specifications of electret elements.
The kit was successfully installed with the included voltage regulator, presumably a resistor, to trim 9V down to the required voltage; I'm don't know what that voltage is.

Reactions: 1iwilly
Astatic D-104 “G” stand, (non amplified mics) electret condenser upgrade kit

Astatic D-104 “G” stand non- amplified microphone Hi-Fi electret condenser upgrade kit. This will replace the original crystal or ceramic condensers that break down over time with a powered condenser that will provide crystal clear loud modulation. These will actually create a power mike swing with a non amplified mic. This kit will work on any D-104,(except “K” model mics), however non-amplified mics will require mounting a 9v battery in the base of the mic to power the condenser. The battery connector is included with this kit. The kit requires basic solder skills for installation. It is very easy to install and comes with detailed instructions. The kit includes a prewired electret, a custom built mounting fixture, a voltage regulator with backfeed protection capacitor, and shrink tube for insulation. These kits are fully tested before shipping and guaranteed to perform as described

A capacitor it is not resistor. "Custom built mounting fixture", that's ROFLMAO funny. Useless is closer to the truth. You'd be lucky to get a single electret to mount face forward let alone 3 or 5 with this so called "custom build" oversized foam sponge.

A 3" hole saw cut produces 2 7/8"D perfect fitting disk of 1/4"h ABS; for a
D-104 mic. Customizing the ABS disk along its periphery to accommodate the 4 front and back mounting screws and you have rock solid mounting of 1,3, or 5 electret condenser mics.

Had that "Custom built mounting fixture" not exceeded 1/2" in thickness it might likely would have been acceptable. Considering the D-104 depth, not including front face and back plate, ring depth does not exceed 1/2". Clearly not a lot of thought in the "Custom" design past what it looked like on paper.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.