• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 447hpc2 question

zman350

Dec 23, 2008
Can someone please help me out on this,how can I increase the modulation and how about a npc mod.thanks

It doesn't have a pot for the mod,and at 2 watts it only swings 5,so it definitely needs a swing kit,I just need to know where it goes.thanks,I'll get the link

I have a 447 HPC2. You don't need to modify it. It just needs a tune from a tech that has the proper equipment.

From a two watt dead key, my radio does round about 30 to 35 watts peak. Yes I will agree these radios are low on modulation from the factory. But with a tone my tech said it was doing 99% modulation from the factory.

If you need it to swing 60 watts from say two watts dead key, then yes it will probably need some type of a mod. I run a four transistor Toshiba 2879 base amp, and the radio works great with the amp now.

Radio itself turned wide open does about 60 peak clean watts...no flat topping with plenty of modulation.

Just ordered one of these, I heard that there is a new version. Or does hpc2 mean it's the new version?
I'm not sure if they revamped the hpc2 from what it was. Not much in terms of improvement in my opinion, they're already a great little radio. They're very similar to the quad 6 as far as pcb and rear chassis and talk just as good.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?