• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 490 now available

i like librium... i would almost guarantee that it TOO will be just ANOTHER clone. oh, yeah, with a tweak here & a tweak there, just to SAY it is a new design. NOBODY is DESIGNING a new CB radio from the ground up. ranger/rci just about has the market cornered, not enough people(truckers) would EVER jump the 'galaxy' ship to ANY other manufacturer therefore making a NEW design unprofitable. do you REALLY think icom & yaesu sell enough $10,000+ radios to make THEM profitable-NO, but at 10 grand, they'll get closer quicker. ain't NO CBer EVER paying HF radio prices for a CB.....well a reasonable CBer....guess there ain't too many of those either, but you get the point.

NorthStar said:
No Modified 3600 clone board if manufacturer comes though which I belieive he will.

That would be nice but if my memory serves me right,
the 440hp was being promoted with an all new board.
Built from the ground up was what I remember.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Maybe the next board will be a 6900 clone :p

NorthStar said:
No never saw anything about new board but rx circuit and tx circuit changes

RX and TX circuit changes to what?

That 440 was touted to be an all new radio.
Not some 3600 board on steroids.

I had a friend that went to Fgbest and Justin told
him all about this new radio he was "helping design".

There was no Stryker website and I don't even think
the name of the radio was decided on yet.

they 'up-armored' the dx66/S6 receiver by using ancient technology to attempt to help prevent 1 truckers texas star dx1600 from blowing out the front end of another truckers stryker while parked at the same truck stop.

they changed the finals out of a dx66/S6 (with topgun removed) to something that only they could supply.

doesn't that count as 'built from the ground up'?

wait, wait....maybe, they had an S6 board that had never had anything soldered to it, and, put their OWN parts in it while lying on the floor from the previous nights exploits. does THAT count as 'built from the ground up'?

sounds like an out & out blatant fib to me.....

I don't got the time to argue. Can't educate those that are uneducated..HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......PHEW. you are NOT trying to tell me the stryker sr440hp is a NEW radio designed from the ground up, are you??????? if i read your post incorrectly, I APOLOGIZE!!!!! if you ARE trying to tell me the stryker sr440hp IS a NEW radio designed from the ground up....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....PHEW :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :moon

Master Chief said:
DTB Radio said:
There IS a Stryekr SSB model in the works. I can't go into any more detail, other than to say its a brand new design from the ground up
Yep, I know all about it! ;)

That I would doubt, that is the same line they threw out
when the 440 was getting ready to roll out.

well dammit Ill wait until july if theres no ssb out as far as prototypes ETC Ill dive on something else :roll:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated