• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 490 now available

ok....so i called shawn again . no answer and i didnt leave a message but he called back (caller ID i guess) in less than 5 mins . ive called 3 times b4 and was answered twice and called back quickly the time it wasnt picked up . no problem here contacting him .
i asked him about the SSB model and its still in the works but not finalized yet..couple of buggs left . the SSB model (990 i think it will be called) will (according to shawn) have a brand new board not used in any other radio and it IS NOT a modified version of a board used in any other radio , thats the reason its taking longer than expected . its way easier to add on to something exhisting and call it "new" than it is to actually build from scratch .
i dont own a striker (my bro-n-law does) but i have slept in a Holiday Inn .

I really don't know why you guys are sweating the ssb model so much. If you want a really good ssb radio then stop wasting your money on Stryker....Magnum....Galaxy and get a Ranger 2950DX and be done with it or if you want an outstanding ssb radio then an Icom or Kenwood is the way to go, other wise your just pissing your money away for nothing!

if everybody wanted the same thing only one radio would be made . did the crystal ball that gave you the heads up on the 990 happen to mention if ill ever loose weight or get better lookin ??

im just saying how about letting it hit the market before determining its quality.....or lack there of . at least theyre trying to get it right befor releasing for sale . Icoms and kenwoods are expensive and not everyone can afford it or even need it .

i guess people are pissing their money away buying mercedes or jags or porsche when a rolls of bently are better........ i guess us ford chevy and dodge folks are crapping our money away .

just kidding about the crystal ball........i know im doomed to remain fat and ugly . :frky :bgcry

but they taste sooooo good and theyre good for ya !! going by weight worms have 5 times more protene than beef . you dont need teeth to eat worms . just gumm them to death and they slide right down although the bigger peices sometimes wiggle inside and tickle . ever see someone giggling for no apparent reason ???? thats why !!! :twisted:

King Mudduck said:
I really don't know why you guys are sweating the ssb model so much. If you want a really good ssb radio then stop wasting your money on Stryker....Magnum....Galaxy and get a Ranger 2950DX and be done with it or if you want an outstanding ssb radio then an Icom or Kenwood is the way to go, other wise your just pissing your money away for nothing!
i perfer a magnum over a 2950 any day.ive owned 3 2950
dis liked all 3.maqgnum257 is way better has better recieve
quiter.and does about 50watts on ssb.and alot cheaper
than the 2950.magnum257 is the best ssb export going
right now imho

""Icoms and kenwoods are expensive and not everyone can afford it or even need it .""

They are but the point i was trying to make is this. After all of the money we have spent on Galaxy, Connex, Ranger, Stryker, Magnum or what ever radios we could have gotten a very nice Kenwood or Icom and not ever needed to buy anything to talk on ssb again!

I wish i would have learned this lesson years ago instead of wasting thousands on all of that cb junk!

Oh and you can buy a new Icom 718 for less then $700.00 and i would bet that it would out do any of the radios listed above.

i would certianly expect a $700 radio to spank a $300 to $400 radio with ease .

i just noticed that 718 is one ive got saved in my favs just in case i ever have $600 and nothing more important for me to spend it on . i do understand what youre talking about KING about the upgrading adding up quick . if someone knows up front their want their ham tickets that would be a wonderful radio to get . i rarely use the 10 meter bands on my export but in those rare occasions that i do its usually to switch to with a friend to get away from 11 meter noise and static . i would think that it being an icom product that it it would be a far better base with power supply than one of the RCI base radios since theyre close in price range even though the RCIs' are seemingly the cream of the crop in 10 meter radios .
heres where i found it for 600 bucks .
http://www.texastowers.com/ic718.htm
and a damn near perfect rating from 260 reviews at eham.net
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/947

i never notice that KC's was your site . ive gone there a lot and its very helpful . thanks you for the great info there !!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.