• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

I just received an RMA status update that states the RADIO has been replaced, shipped.
Betcha can't wait to finally get it to work with the pc. Keep us informed.
I shipped my 955 v2 out to Crawfordville, FL yesterday. Tick....tock.

Erratic volume control, rf gain, and ASQ. Shawn said that "they were digital and that should be expected."
I told him since they are digital, then they should have a software setting that needs adjusting.

From the feedback I've been seeing coming in from the users, the V2 is a piece of crap. I've seen about 50 people discussing my issue with the software, now your issues are completely different. It's unfortunate that Stryker had to settle for this garbage board. I'm kinda thinking the MFG replaced the old board with this new, garbage version and Stryker had no choice. It's going to be a headache for them. I'm so glad I still have a squeaky clean V1 to use.

Last edited:
From the feedback I've been seeing coming in from the users, the V2 is a piece of crap. I've seen about 50 people discussing my issue with the software, now your issues are completely different. It's unfortunate that Stryker had to settle for this garbage board. I'm kinda thinking the MFG replaced the old board with this new, garbage version and Stryker had no choice. It's going to be a headache for them. I'm so glad I still have a squeaky clean V1 to use.
I wish I would have listened to that little voice telling me "Don't do it....it's new...let them work the bugs out cause there's always bugs."
Weird how the Anytone 5555N II owners don't have as many issues with their radios....at least not the ones that I have seen. They're pretty much the same boards.

The only new over priced V1s I can find are on flea bay and from that chump in the desert. No thanks.

Mine has been sitting at the Crawfordville, FL post office since Saturday. Says waiting for customer pickup. They did say that they picked up a bunch today (not good) and that mine may be one of them..... Still says waiting for pickup. Maybe they missed the scan.

I emailed Shawn yesterday and received a prompt response. But, NOT what I wanted to hear. I asked what they found on my radio. I was told it's the eprom on the board and they will ship a new radio on the 16th. Also said it was very strange and that they'd never seen this problem before. I wrote back and told him to brace himself for the flood. Mine may have been the first, but they will absolutely have their hands full.

Reactions: undertaker
Just got a message back from the Stryker repair center in Florida.."This is a V2 radio and has no serviceable parts. We'll be sending it to Shawn for replacement."
Well hell.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.