• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

Maybe the software flashing has to be done by the stryker gurus? Just a guess, especially if they don't want the software code revealed for certain reasons. There has to be a logical reason though. Shipping costs money and factor that by hundreds of those same shipping costs. Not sure they'd intentionally want to bleed out money like that......

But then again it is 2022, lot's of weird senseless crap goes on that I never imagined I'd see.....
Why? What makes you think there is a "logical reason" very little in life has anything to do with logic or science or facts! Your very wet behind the ears if you do not know at least that much!

Well if they could not build the first board correctly what makes you think they will build the second one correctly?

You know the saying it is cheaper to do it right the first time!

Usually when they have to eat it for a new board if that is the case they take money out of the replacement board any way they can to offset the added cost. Look how often General Motors has screwed up a locking cylinder and ignition switch killing people and burning cars tot he ground. You would think they would have figured it out by now! Electronics manufacturing is no different!

Reactions: undertaker
Glad I didn't go through with buying one. Will wait a while until they do their revisions and such.

No 955 for me, no thank you
The 955 was never that great it had great audio but was a highly polished turd ergonomically for anyone that actually wanted to use the function of the radio while driving in a mobile vehicles.

Too concerned about making it look pretty than making it functional. Sure the audio was great but even on V1 they had issues with the control head and chips and issues with differing version. You could not count of buying 2 V1 radio's and think you would be able to use 1 radio as a parts radio for the other.

People were more concerned with the high power output, great audio punch and the cool looks of the radio. From day one people had more issues than I think they should have had with these radio's. They got a pass though because the same people that like blue metallic flake paint on their bass boats and like eye sight destroying sleep interrupting blue LED's LOVED IT!

First people should have stopped buying new radio's when they all went to China and no one in the USA was actually designing them anymore. China could not design their way out of a wet paper bag. They copy well and steal intellectual idea's well. When has China especially a Chinese company in China ever had good validation or quality control? The only time they have decent quality control is if it is a foreign company and they have designed QC in at each station, build the facility, train the facility and do QC themselves in China and when the part get's to their own country!

This is nothing new and has been going on forever. The last time RCI made anything that was worth a XXXX out of the box was Taiwan or maybe maybe Malaysia. What do you think happens when a Chinese design is not properly validated and then it is built with electronics mostly know off electronic parts made in CCCP factories with stolen intellectual property and no QC? Chinese brand capacitors and jelly bean parts are garbage so why would anything else more complicated than that be good?

If anything most of you old guys like my age 49 and older are really upset about is the lack of golden screw driver opportunities and it is too hard for you screw up with your Radio Shack or Sears Craftsman soldering gun!

For the price of a 955 it should be able to be completely controlled by a Windows PC or Android Phone.

In fact it should not even have a face plate attached it should be remote mountable or you should be able to interface a Android phone to it as the face plate instead.

It should have continuous tuning not bands!

It should have DSP, eSSB, EQ, Compression and the ability to use digital modes built into it at the price point it sells for.

You should be able to mount it in a Toyota Corolla since few of us are driving pedo-wagons these days even before the $6 and climbing gasoline prices!

For the record I like new toys too but I like to buy once and cry once! The Chinese hate us so why line up and be super consumers and just gobble up and hoard anything they kick out the door?

The 955 will never be a Cobra 2000GTL sort of radio it is the pan ultimate disposable pile of junk! It is the super supreme white trash polished turd! They can not get them right from the factory almost no one can work on them and they are not that old.

Sure I am a little bitter because I remember what it was like to get a REAL CB radio that worked and was still working 40 years latter if people stayed out of the radio and did not hook it up backwards!

Most of all I am bitter about all you people that have been ruining the hobby by being super consumers and purchasing anything and everything that China has kicked out the door. We can't have anything nice because you guys will buy what ever they make so they never feel any pressure to actual talk with us and design a product specifically for us that is actual modern and filled with USEFUL tech not trash robot voice, echo, talkback and the height of idiotic bands A,B,C,D,E,F,G etc....random bands that do not match any known standard and very from radio to radio brand to brand!

What we really need is a radio made in America with American made components! That is not going to happen in my lifetime though just like Apple is not going to make phones and laptops in the USA with USA source parts and materials!

Whew! I guess I can squeeze a word in now. Just got an email from Shawn. Said they took a brand new radio, installed some upgraded finals for me, aligned it and shipped it out. I should have it on Tuesday. I'll let everyone know how it goes on Wednesday.​

I have to say, aside from the screwed up service department being in florida, the actual warranty procedure is pretty damned good. Had it not been for the extra shipping time to Florida and then back to North Carolina, this would have been completed in about 10 days.​

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.