• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 V 2

I got mine back. Same radio. Tuned differently. All they did was lower the modulation and raise the high and low dead key. Only doing 71W PEP now. No paperwork whatsoever.
I'd like to know WTF they're doing over there. The good things is that you can always reset everything back to where you want it. I pegged mine out to the max, except for AM carrier. I held that back a bit. Quite a bit, actually. But my modulation numbers are all set at 000. Now I can use the front panel for mic gain. I have my SSB maxed at 125+ PEP, and about 12 or 15 PEP on low. My AM is set at 2W carrier on low and 20W on max.

I'd like to know WTF they're doing over there. The good things is that you can always reset everything back to where you want it. I pegged mine out to the max, except for AM carrier. I held that back a bit. Quite a bit, actually. But my modulation numbers are all set at 000. Now I can use the front panel for mic gain. I have my SSB maxed at 125+ PEP, and about 12 or 15 PEP on low. My AM is set at 2W carrier on low and 20W on max.
Those upgraded finals of yours are whoopin' some *ss. I was hoping that I would at least get a new radio, but no. Upgraded finals? No. Shafted? Yep. They removed the anti-tamper sticker that my radio shop had put on it. Now that warranty is shot.

Reactions: Greg T
Those upgraded finals of yours are whoopin' some *ss. I was hoping that I would at least get a new radio, but no. Upgraded finals? No. Shafted? Yep. They removed the anti-tamper sticker that my radio shop had put on it. Now that warranty is shot.

And they didn't update your RMA ticket on the website so you could see what they were doing to it? I followed mine every step of the way. The florida shop stated "incompatible with software. EEPROM issue. Shipped to N.C." . Then it kept going from there. "Radio replaced". "Shipped new radio" ... Etc.

And they didn't update your RMA ticket on the website so you could see what they were doing to it? I followed mine every step of the way. The florida shop stated "incompatible with software. EEPROM issue. Shipped to N.C." . Then it kept going from there. "Radio replaced". "Shipped new radio" ... Etc.
All it said on the RMA ticket was

Resolution

REPLACE
Replace with 955 and tune. The radio is set up much better than before.

Said replace. It didn't say de-tune the original radio and ship it out.
I called and left a message, and sent an email, but I seriously doubt I'll hear from them. Oh, and no. they didn't fix the existing problems. It seems they just flashed the radio.

WOW!! These new boards are much more than they can handle. I'm glad I dealt with Shawn and that I was supposedly one of the first to notice issues. This type of service is unacceptable and I wouldn't stand for it. BUT, as I said earlier, they had created a shipping label long before my radio was shipped. My guess is that they don't have enough stock to honor their warranties. This is a sad situation. And THAT would explain the upgraded finals for me. They pulled a radio from a dealer who upgrades the finals and does some tuning. I'll bet I have a DRail, or Lescom, or another custom radio.

EDIT: Were either of your radios' bezels wrapped in clear cellophane? When I pulled my replacement from the box the chrome bezel was wrapped in clear cellophane. My factory new ones were not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.