• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955

Bells has 'em. I must say the radio intrigues me. I never have cared for the looks of the 955. But I know the first version sounds really
good on sideband.
The other day I heard somebody on AM talking on a version 2 and it sounded. Greeaaat!!

I believe I watched a video to where the dead key could be set at 2 watts and swing to 25-30. That would be nice to accompany my 2 transistor amp I got from a very active member here. Or it would be nice to run wide open in the semi truck without the heater. Hmmmm

Is there a way to tell from the radio appearance or the box the version 2 from the v1?
Edit: probably a quick simple way?

Is there a way to tell from the radio appearance or the box the version 2 from the v1?
Edit: probably a quick simple way?
There is a big difference in the boxes. Can't name them know but the first thing that comes to mind is the version one says 7 color display while the version 2 says 8 color display. By the way, CB world has them for sale at 389 each with free shipping

There is a big difference in the boxes. Can't name them know but the first thing that comes to mind is the version one says 7 color display while the version 2 says 8 color display. By the way, CB world has them for sale at 389 each with free shipping
Aah ok yep this one says 8 color, just double checking.
That's the best deal I've heard about.
I should have waited but was out of a SSB radio at the time

Aah ok yep this one says 8 color, just double checking.
That's the best deal I've heard about.
I should have waited but was out of a SSB radio at the time
Amazed how computerized these modern radios are. I'll not mess with mine past the basic menu. It's fun to watch from the sidelines the other things.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.