• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955

Is version 2. Better than version one?

Good question! The big advantage I see with v2 is they'll be easier to convert and use straight out of the box! No need for someone's fat fingers and screwdrivers! Of course @undertaker has to take it out of the box! LMAO!

JD

In my opinion, yes. I just replaced my v1 with a v2.

The best features of the v2 are as follows:

Noise gate - when you hit the key, the audio does not turn on until you start talking. Extremely helpful if you are in a noisy vehicle or have a noisy fan on your amp.

The audio bandwidth is adjustable in the user menu, up to 4k can be selected to make you have a more full range sound. Or you can select 2k and have a great sound for DX. A few steps in-between can also be selected. This is selectable independently for transmit and receive.

The receive has a DSP noise filter that can be selected like on the K-PO DX5000+. I am not sure if it is adjustable like the K-PO, I did not get a manual with mine.....

There might be some other options available, but these were the big ones for me.

If someone gets one with a manual, please scan it and post it up. The guy I got it from said that none of the radios in his order had a manual, and he was trying to get some. The Stryker website only has the old manual....

Reactions: NZ8N and undertaker
The v2 955 is very intriguing but for my money I'm probably going to wait and see if the Top Gun Quad 5 gets the new board. Yeah the side mic can be an installation problem but I found the 955 was a bit tedious to adjust on the fly. Changing bands is a PIA if you like to freeband. The ability to program up to 60 channels on one band on the Quad 5 and other clones is outstanding! $100 or more less than a 955 is the deciding factor for me.

JD

Curious on what these new boards are going to do to the shop tech's business.
Extremely user friendly and if you make a mistake, poof! Reset it. My 955 v2 should be in sometime this week from cbworld. Eager to try it out.

After seeing all that can be done in the service menu, it seems like the snake oil might be out the window now.

Ranger might be left selling hot rods only before long if qixiang keeps putting out top shelf radios like this.
Yup, poor old Mark may have to get a job or learn how to diagnose and repair something.

Wow. All kinds of settings in the service menu. 57 of em'. Wrote everything down and sent it out to get tuned. Has anyone compared the menu settings before and after a tune? Please feel free to share.
I wouldn't trust anyone to tune it. Factory tune should be it. Maybe a simple tweak on the High and low power setting, and then a bump in the mod. but that's about it. Anyone can do that.

I wouldn't trust anyone to tune it. Factory tune should be it. Maybe a simple tweak on the High and low power setting, and then a bump in the mod. but that's about it. Anyone can do that.
Oops. That was meant to be edited. True. Looks like about 8 settings could be handy.

Reactions: Greg T

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.