• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955

It might come down to if you can even find one right now. Amazon, Bells, Walcott, Clay's, and Copper are sold out. G.I. Joes wants 449 plus 45 for a tune/conversion. They used to be 379 all over the place.

Reactions: Rwb
Good luck. I was lucky enough to score one from Bells last month, and I think I had bought the last one they had. They are on backorder from Stryker at the moment with no timeframe as to when they will return.

Reactions: Rwb
They make pretty good mobil 10 meter radios too.
Yes, leave the echo and beep off and most operators on ten can't tell the difference on the air.

Not everyone is like this, but once and a while I run across a stubborn old guy that just instantly goes berserk when I tell them I am talking on a " export " radio.
Really, it's easy to throw many of these radios and a cut down CB antenna in a car or pickup and have a station.

Jeff

I asked him if he has any information on the service menu. Hopefully he will do a video on it.
Good idea. I was told by Scott's Radio LLC that if I had a radio in my hands, Shawn would give me all the info I needed right from Stryker. I have my doubts. Anyhow, I've been poking around Facebook ( infamous for total misinformation) and I have privately spoken to some (should be) credible individuals who tell me to cut the white jumper for 11 meters, and color + power will enter service mode. Same info
we have here, so I guess we'll find out.

Shadetree the video I saw 955v2 looked like the K-PO DX5000 on the inside and I think it has the noise reduction circuit as well. I know you got one of those too. I have a brand new 955 for sale, but of course it is the original.
Is version 2. Better than version one?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.