• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP SSB - hitting stores this week

Anyone else buy the Stryker SR-955HP yet? Just watched CBRM.com video review...sure is cool! put a 6 pill behind it oh yea! :) Only place i see selling the radio is GI Joes....? Any other places selling them, Sparkys,copper....HRO?..lol

I heard some goober with a NEW 955 the other day on 38 LSB and he was running the echo and the stupid beeps. I told the guy he sounded like shit with the echo on. He didn't like that at all. LOL

I heard some goober with a NEW 955 the other day on 38 LSB and he was running the echo and the stupid beeps. I told the guy he sounded like shit with the echo on. He didn't like that at all. LOL

Did he reply, " Jerk, erk, erk, erk, erk ,erk , erk"

Just joking mate. :LOL:

Reactions: 1 person
Stryker SSB

No more reports on this radio for a few months?
Did it hit the stores?
Did anybody buy them?
Have they run out or not moving?
Anybody any idea. Did anybody on the forum buy one?
I am waiting on some user comments.....Is it just another Anytone AT-5555 variant like the cree 8900 and the rest of them or does it have something different? The cre 8900 is OK but I do not like the receive too much...difficult to find a comfortable balance but usually needs the RF gain backed off to compensate for the less than stellar AGC circuit.

[...] The cre 8900 is OK but I do not like the receive too much...difficult to find a comfortable balance but usually needs the RF gain backed off to compensate for the less than stellar AGC circuit.
Oooooh! Not good! Thanks for the heads-up on that.

I too await further reports and reviews of the '955. So far, I'm leaning on another Optima Mk II.

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry for the long delay in posting my written review but I was out of town for a while on business. Should be able to get something up this week.

Mostly though I can tell you it's pretty positive with just three negatives - tuning steps, oversensitive receive, and price.

Overall it's a solid radio but it definitely will be more appealing to the export user who prefers Galaxy 88 over a 2950DX for example.

I think the radio is very unique because it bridges the gap between a typical export model and the stability of the 2950DX that people desire. So many users love their Galaxy's/Connex and the echo, loud AM audio etc but they hate the drift and this radio solves that while adding some cool features and software programming.

For those of you here who are a bit more technical or do more 10 and 11 meter operation or more specific SSB operation I think something like a Optima, CRE 8900 or a converted Icom 718 etc might be closer to the mark. I fall into this realm and what we need to consider is that we are a bit of a minority in the larger CB community and the Stryker was meant to hit more of the mainstream export crowd. This radio wouldn't be my daily go-to radio for operation because of a the tuning step issue but for many people it's a slam dunk. The price may still be the one point that hinders it's success.

I will say that the SSB audio on this thing is awesome and it's one of the nicest sounding export radios on the air I've ever tested - I'll even say it sounded as good as some of my true ham radios on the air.

Anyway - review is in process, sorry for the long delay :) Uniden 980 review is also in the works as well.

Last edited:
Picked up a Stryker 955HP about a week ago and really like it. Thank you Stryker for this new radio and thank you for the excellent reviews.

I'm trying to get the Stryker software and 955 radio to connect. I've tried 3 separate USB cables. The software setup tab has a spot to choose a comm port but the dialog window is blank. No comm ports are listed. Trying to "read from the radio" and get the error "can not open the comm port"

The computer does not seem to recognize that a new piece of hardware (radio) is connected like when you normally plug in a new powered USB device.

Software was loaded off the Stryker web site. Computer is running Windows 7. Tried removing and reinstalling the software.

http://www.strykerradios.com/software/SR_955HP_Setup_1.00.zip

Has anyone else been able to connect to a SR-955HPC radio via the Stryker software version 1.0.0 yet?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.