• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP SSB - hitting stores this week

Seems to be a lot of ops on the 11m band talking about the new stryker, haven't had the opportunity to talk to someone using one but a friend of mine did and he said it sounds really good on the air.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

might be a tough sell in that price range. it's a split most guys that are hard into cb guys from the 70's era if they are into SSB yup the rangers are the ticket maybe even the newer galaxies at that price and the loud and proud am bunch can get a bigger audio more wattage radio for less and add some turbo light knobs and ur done. i just think the guys on either that are hard core ssb or am and that spend that type of money for radios can do with out the light shows and computer programing stuff. i myself am hard core SSB i'd like to have one of these to play with for some occasional am but not at that price. i'd sure like to see someone come out witha nice high power SSB radio with detachable face for the newer style cars with plastic dashes and limited space consoles.

might be a tough sell in that price range. it's a split most guys that are hard into cb guys from the 70's era if they are into SSB yup the rangers are the ticket maybe even the newer galaxies at that price and the loud and proud am bunch can get a bigger audio more wattage radio for less and add some turbo light knobs and ur done. i just think the guys on either that are hard core ssb or am and that spend that type of money for radios can do with out the light shows and computer programing stuff. i myself am hard core SSB i'd like to have one of these to play with for some occasional am but not at that price. i'd sure like to see someone come out witha nice high power SSB radio with detachable face for the newer style cars with plastic dashes and limited space consoles.

i agree with ya on alot of point. unfournately it seem ..to me that this is becoming more
and more the norm for cb.the programming stuff if ya look at a few ham radios there like that aswell to a certain point.its nice to see a stable ssb radio finally but for me id buy a hf setup
before that.

Found a guy in a chicago truckstop. He had a new Stryker. he likes it kinda ok but he sold it at the truck stop that day. Made two hundred dollars more than he paid. Gota love commerce. but before he sold it we did a quick shout out too the others in the lot. my galaxy 99v vs his stryker. the Galaxy sounded better than the Stryker but not by much, tryker was a bit more tinney sounding but that could be because the Stryker was using a stock mic and my 99v was using a Shure mic. darned thing looked like a Christmas tree lit up in June. All the display colors . annoying,multi roger beeps annoying. oh well such is modern times. A IDEA HOW ABOUT BUILDING A SOLID RADIO WITH SSB kill all the flash and bling. sorry for the caps very tired.

Reactions: 2 people
For me, the issue isn't the ability to turn the circus effects off or not. It's the the fact that this is a 500 dollar radio. What am I paying for? Is my 500 dollars going into features designed to improve the overall performance of the radio, and make it a great experience to use? Or is my 500 dollars going to get me a stable SSB radio with decent receive, and a circus act built into the radio. I think I would rather spend 350 or 375 on a Yeticom and save my circus money.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 3 people
I do not know where you are getting $500.00 at.

At $379 or so I'm not sure if they priced themselves too high but we'll see if people are willing to spend the cash.

Maybe the Truckstop hacks are selling them for that, but it looks like they can be had for less according to the post above.
If the Optima is running 350/375 this sounds about in the ball park.

Anyway, only time will tell how they play out, I will wait until some more reviews are out.

jeff

Jeff

A nice SSb / AM radio solid receive detachable face plate , good filtering , just Export frequencies , computer programing, no bling or circuis lighting effects , A real mic with a real good mic elemant like a heil or a shure,. A real solid and steady internals. oh well just dreaming. Serious thou be with the detachable face or head unit thou dreamist into the night. ( yes I think I drank too much home brew) goto love the spirits of ireland. imported for all to inbide in. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.