• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the 60 watts pep, my Stryker doesn't really impress me. I prefer the 148 for a mobile.

sleepwalker i am talking in general not specifically about the 2000,
they were never very popular here due to the fact we use fm and sideband over a wide frequency range, when you start padding and stretching to get the spread you lose the best points of that radio imho,

the factory fitted fm board that came with the 2000 boarded radios was far from good with hum and overblown bass, a couple of cap changes helps a lot but that still does not make it good for our use,

back in the AM days they were a great radio but for what they cost over here you could get a hf set :) ,

the cb to have was the grant export for both fm and ssb, when the export was worth £180 used the 2000 board grant was worth £30-40 tops,

each to his own i guess :) .

I expected alot more in the receive department seeing as how it was drumed up to out do any radio out there...anybody remember that sales pitch? The is an excessive amount of white noise present IMO

I am sittin here reading this. How can you judge the RX performance? Do you know if it aligned properly etc?
What kind of test equipment have you used to evaluate the rx?

DTB aligned it ...nuff said...My ears are my test equipment...not hard to hear the excessive white noise present even without an antenna connected. It receives fine just has excessive noise.

sleepwalker said:
DTB aligned it ...nuff said...My ears are my test equipment...not hard to hear the excessive white noise present even without an antenna connected. It receives fine just has excessive noise.

What he said.... Recieve plain ole sucks, too much noise!! If DTB tunned it it was tunned right.

Hello everyone,

Below is Justin's recommended receiver alignment procedure. You'll notice he says to turn L3 and L4 1/3 to the right or until the noise floor decreases. This is very similar to what Galaxy has recommended with their newer radios. If the information below is not formatted correctly it can also be found on CB Tricks.

As a side note DTB is one of the most honest and knowledgeable techs around.

AM/FM RF & IF SENSITIVITY:
Frequency to 27.205 MHz
Mode AM
RF GAIN fully clockwise.
SQUELCH fully counter clockwise
NB/ANL to OFF
VOLUME to comfortable level.
RF Generator output to 27.205 MHz at 100uV modulated 30% with 1 KHz audio tone. Connect AF VTVM or scope across speaker terminals.
RF Generator to ANT Jack (in order)
L6, L7
L8, L10
L11, L12
L3, L4 Adjust for max. output reading on 'S" meter. Turn L3 and L4 approximately 1/3 turn to the right, or until noise floor decreases from the point of 'peak." Check scope for signs of noise on waveform. Now, back L6 out � turn

Strykerradio said:
Hello everyone,

Check scope for signs of noise on waveform.

Let me pull out my scope out the closet... Be for real, your average person doesn't own an scope.

sleepwalker said:
I expected alot more in the receive department seeing as how it was drumed up to out do any radio out there...anybody remember that sales pitch? The is an excessive amount of white noise present IMO

That's the same reason I bought one.

I use a Stryker as a base here at the shop and at the house. Its receive range is amazing, although I do get the white noise as well. I have at least one local customer who also uses one as a base, and has been able to talk base-to-mbile (Cobra 25 I did for him years ago) out to a little over 60 miles, with NO amps. And this was during the day with typical noise levels. He has his 25 in an older Chevy Blazer with a 5 or 6 foot Wilson Silver Load.

Sleepwalker I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks the same. TO MUCH NOISE!!!
Of the people that i know that got one when they first came out all have sold them including myself. Why they let them leave the factory with that problem i will never know. I have my suspensions as to why but its no point to open that can of worms!

Yeah DTB the RX range is good.Everyone I talk to says it has good strong modualtion. I like the radio just pointing out my opinions. Come on King Mudduck open the can of worms--nothing like a good debate :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.