• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Radio SR490

Important Stryker Radio SR490 Features Include:

High Power Final Transistor - The SR-490 Stryker radio uses a single high power flange mounted 2SD1446 transistor that provides the user with 100+ watts Peak Power, after tuning. If you want be heard, the Stryker SR-490 10 meter radio has the power required to do some serious talking.

Digital Echo with/ Dual Front Mounted Controls - Provides the operator a much wider range of effects and control than typical factory or aftermarket echo boards. Our board is able to reproduce the human voice with virtually no distortion providing maximum clarity and enjoyment.

Two Different Roger Beeps - Two different roger beeps are included with the SR-490HP Stryker Radios. These are controlled using a switched that is located on the front panel. This is a feature that you will find on virtually no other radio direct from the factory. Most importantly the roger beep can be turned off when it's not needed.

Stryker Variable Power Control - Allows the operator to adjust or vary their carrier from one watt to over 50 watts PEP. This is a must have feature if the operator intends to use an external power device.
Stryker Variable Talk Back Control - The infamous talk back squeal is virtually eliminated with our independently controlled talk back circuitry. The operator can adjust the volume to the perfect level as operating conditions require. Best of all the user no longer has to turn down the microphone gain to stop the annoying squeal that is often the result of poor design or cost cutting at the production level.

Up-Armored Receiver - Our exclusive receiver protection works even under the harshest conditions, such as those experienced at a busy truck stop with many operators running high power radios. In addition Stryker Radio SR 440 hp receiver filtering is tighter than most radios on the market. This means adjacent channel rejection is improved.

Back Lighted Controls - Our exclusive Stryker Radio face plate design provides operators with back lighted controls, making adjustments even in the darkest conditions easy. Best of all our Stryker radio design is extremely durable and can be dimmed using the dimmer switch located on the front panel of the radio.

Additional Stryker SR490 Radio Features Include:

Blue meter light and channel display with blue backlit writing on the face
Large round meter that is easy to read
Advanced NB/ANL Circuit Reduces Interference
AM/FM Operation and PA Circuitry
Automatic AWI (Antenna Warning Indicator) alerts the operator if their SWR's are too high
Three Position dimmer switch on front panel
Front microphone connector for easy mounting in tight spaces
Receive and Microphone gain controls
Frequency Counter Jack pre-wired for FC-390 style counters
1 Year Limited Factory Warranty

so its the same radio as the 440hp but with a different fianal section. sigh

Strykerradio said:
PM me all of your contact information. Also the serial number of the radio and a detailed description of the problem.

Radio picked up today... Now that's customer service!!

FL Native said:
hahaha they were talking about SSB a long time ago.
even asked everyone what options and type of display and freq counter.

yes its just a hopped up version of there other OEM Private Label radio. with some screwed up RX.

The RX on my radio seems fine.
I don't get any strange noise.

FL Native said:
yes its just a hopped up version of there other OEM Private Label radio. with some screwed up RX.
I'd be careful here. Your post leads people to believe that this radio is the same as other radios, but with a different name. This is not the case.

While it is true that this radio is being manufactured for Stryker, its to Stryker's specs. The receiver is different, the final amp is different, and there are a few other changes.

The "Up Armored" receiver is basically a "input overload" circuit. Justin added this mod to almost all of the RCI/Galaxy radios he used to work on. This shouldn't be confused with the MOSFET receiver mods. Its only OVERLOAD PROTECTION.

This radio is not perfect. Just as the original RCI 2900 was re-engineered by Bill Good to make the RCI 2950, they didn't use all of Bill's mods......especially in the RECEIVER. Same goes here for changes Justin wanted in the Stryker (although the Stryker is a completely new release). There are limitations in the build parameters, and still meet market price. I had a 440 with Justin's MOSFET receiver installed. Comparing that to my Cobra 148 with Justin's GasFET receiver mod, I noted the "noise" coming from the Stryker, that I didn't get from the Cobra. But hey, how do you beat the receiver on a Cobra 148/Grant XL?!

The problem with MOST CB'ers, is they can give a rat's ass about the quality of a receiver. Its all about "my loud (usually distorted) audio" and "dude, look at your meter swing!" I say "most", because I've seen a turn in the tide thanks to the World Wide Radio Forum! People want a better radio and are getting smarter. Hopefully the manufacturers will follow suit.

I said that Stryker needs to build a BASE radio with SSB. A no-compromise version with a rock solid power supply. While I'll agree that the target market is the over the road truck driver, if you want a good name, you build a quality base station. How hard is it anyway? Its just a mobile radio in a big box. Slap in an Astron switching power supply and have a nice day!

If Stryker really wants to penetrate an untapped market, build MURS radios specifically for the truck market and move these guys off of CB altogether! The installs are easier, the antennas are easier to match, etc. METZ makes an end-fed half wave antenna that worked GREAT in the VHF band......and NO GROUND PLANE REQUIRED!

Its clean, FM, etc. The radios will run off a lighter jack and I'm sure someone would come up with a simple 2-in 50-out amp in no time. 50 watts on VHF is PLENTY!!!

"But that's just MY opinion, I could be wrong."

Flnative when did you become a expert? Why does everyone think they are radio experts these days. We all know Cbers want it all but refuse to pay for it.

I have said this same thing before,

AM SSB CB radio with
Weather RX
MURS
FRS
GMRS
3 connectors on the back of the radio
HF (CB)
VHF (MURS and WEATHER)
UHF (FRS GMRS)
The ULTIMATE radio

Master Chief said:
If Stryker really wants to penetrate an untapped market, build MURS radios specifically for the truck market and move these guys off of CB altogether! The installs are easier, the antennas are easier to match, etc. METZ makes an end-fed half wave antenna that worked GREAT in the VHF band......and NO GROUND PLANE REQUIRED!

Its clean, FM, etc. The radios will run off a lighter jack and I'm sure someone would come up with a simple 2-in 50-out amp in no time. 50 watts on VHF is PLENTY!!!

"But that's just MY opinion, I could be wrong."

[quote="Master Chief If Stryker really wants to penetrate an untapped market, build MURS radios specifically for the truck market and move these guys off of CB altogether! "[/quote]
I think that would be the death of CB Radio. If it was not for the truck drivers i think CB would have been dead in 1983.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.