• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Radio SR490

I agree, and what makes everybody think truck drivers only want a loud mouth radio with no ears? I have completely given up on export radios, the RX and lack of adjacent channel rejection, none of the current exports are worth a hoot IMO. I rather run a 40 channel uniden with a small amp behind it, you'll have better RX and ample power for less money.

the need big power to overcome the base stations and locals, hence the big mouths. they dont need ears as they are only transmitting a few miles up and down the road. good recieve would only allow the more distant base stations and locals to overpower the other trucks.

when i was first attracted to the export radios it was because they offered alot of "channels" for little more than a good ssb radio cost. (that was with ssb as well)

a long time has passed and now we see uber expensive limited use rigs, basically am use only. sure they offer more power but you are paying for it. there is no way a am (and unused fm) only radio is worth $200. look at a galaxy 48t. am rig that does about 150 peak on a good day. almost $350 for what? a amp that does little to your signal unless you are trying to cover great distances.

as the old saying goes, you cant talk to those you cant hear.

give me a simple am/fm/ssb radio. modest power 15-40 watts. frequency counter, NO ECHO, NO BEEPS, simple black or silver face. make it recieve well. make it cost under $200 and i will buy it.

ill sit on 28.400 usb calling cq happy as a lark.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.