• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker radios

skirtchaser

Sep 18, 2005
N.Western Arizona
Hi then and hello again, long time no thread......Good to be back.
What is the deal with these STRYKER radios? Good looking package, interesting rhetoric on the site, anybody have 411?
CDX711

Still waiting on the production prototypes. I've been promised one as soon as they come in, and I will post my review after I get a chance to "play". So far, I like what I've seen of the output section. It appears to have been well-designed.

By the way, I should have custom faceplates available for them before they hit the market.

with enough cash up front RCI will put out CheeseCurl Brand Radios too... :LOL:

Hmmmmm...... Stryker, Cheesecurl. Cheesecurl, Stryker. Do I want to think of my radio as a fat, 4-eyed, bathe-once-a-year, couch-potato-assed, shit-growing-in-his-hair, drop-out slob, or do I want to think of my radio as a Viking warrior-god.... Hmmmmm......

Another great 10m radio :roll:

Digital Echo with/ Dual Front Mounted Controls - Provides the operator a much wider range of effects and control than typical factory or aftermarket echo boards. Our board is able to reproduce the human voice with virtually no distortion providing maximum clarity and enjoyment.

Two Different Roger Beeps - Two different roger beeps are included with the SR-440HP. These are controlled using a switched that is located on the front panel. This is a feature that you will find on virtually no other radio direct from the factory. Most importantly the roger beep can be turned off when it's not needed.

Just another update. I found out today that there is yet another delay with these radios. Some kind of problem was found with the prototypes, and they had to go back in for minor changes. I was joking with my Stryker contact earlier today and laughingly told him to send me a schematic, and I'd build one myself. So, once again, this new radio hangs like a carrot in front of an ass. Oops, I mean donkey.

Starting to look like this will be a good radio to wait 6 extra months on before you buy so they can de-bug them.

I think you'll find that this radio is ALOT more well-thought-out than the Magnums. The Magnums (S3, S6, S9) look like a tech-school senior's class project from a construction point of view. Extra leads and wires running all over the foil side of the board, small add-on circuit boards glued down here and there, etc. Its a good-performing radio (except for that useless Top Gun), but its the poster child for making sure you take time to design your circuit board before you market a piece of equipment.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.