• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker repair

paul

May 27, 2006
hi
can any one recommend a good tech to fix my stryker radio. this is my second one.i had the same problems on the first one.
i have two problems with the radio. the radio will stop transmitting. when i talk the meter will not move and no one can hear me. sometimes it will go like that for hours and then just start working sometimes it will last longer.
the second problem is with the receive. it is really bad.there is a lot of noise or static coming through. every electric sign or traffic light or even if a big truck comes along side of me the noise is loud. sometimes it's so unbearable i just shut the radio off for a while. i can only hear the other person if they are within 2 miles from me if they are a little further i either hear all that static noise or don't hear them at all but my co worker with a 25 year old realistic radio and $20.00 antenna can hear that same person fine.
i have a predator 10 k with a new lmr 400 cable and the swr is close to 1 on channels 1 and 40.
thanks in advance.

Strykerradio said:
Yes any of the mentioned shops are very good, otherwise our warranty repair center can help you out.
Shawn at Stryker had me send mine to "Key CB" (Warranty repair).They fixed it the day they recieved it and shipped it out the next day.Talk about killer service!I already have my name on the list for the new one !! They called me and explained the problem,said what they had to do,and mailed it out.Thats what Im talking about!Awsome service!Thank you Shawn

Reactions: Rick Hicks
Strykerradio said:
Yes any of the mentioned shops are very good, otherwise our warranty repair center can help you out.
shawn i emailed you about this . i never got a reciept for the first radio or from this one that you sent me. how can i get in touch with the warranty shop. thanks for the replies guys. i'll check out the shops mentioned as well.

the transmit problem came back again last night. i put in a request for warranty repair. i just hope i don't go through the same problems i had with the first one. i just want a radio that works and that i don't have to shut off when i pass a shopping center or come to a traffic light because of excessive noise.

sixbrix said:
Johnny Watt said:
I suggest the following in any order.

8541 Electronics

R and R

DTB Radio

We all know that 8541 and DTB are highly respected and do excellent work, but rrcom.com ?

What's up with some of the things he says there? He says that RMS is your deadkey. Huh? http://www.rrcom.com/dustin/dustpowerkit.html

He disses Fire Communications? Huh? http://www.rrcom.com/Misc/jealous.html

He says that most radios show backward swing on a Bird unless you have them do their supa dupa mod that nobody else can do. Huh? http://www.rrcom.com/dustin/12wattdeadkey.html

This dude is either WAY out there or he's the only technician that is right and everyone else is wrong. I'm leaning toward the former.

That's some funny stuff...

:gdlf

swing mods kits what a load of crap.there are varaible resistors inside these radios to PROPERLY tune these radios
NOT overmodulate them.but i guess guys like that know everything.sorry if this post seems rude but people like that
get me upset

hello again, i sent the stryker in for warranty to key cb service and got it back yesterday. key cb received the radio at 4 pm on a Tuesday and early Wednesday he called and said it was fixed. pretty fast service. the time for shipping back and forth is another story. Jim from key cb said the problem was vr 13 what ever that is. and he also made some adjustments.
the radio works but it seems the power is to high. right now i have the power knob all the way down and the Mic gain set at about 8 o'clock. if i turn the power up i can hear my voice coming out of the speaker even though i don't have the talk back on. is this something i should be concerned with.the radio is much quieter now. the usual spots i pass where the noise was unbearable is 100 times quieter.the guys i ride with say the radio is noticeably louder than it was.

Strykerradio said:
Any one having noise problems with their receive is more than welcome to send their radio in for warranty service (Contact us for an RA first)

Is thier a fix for the recieve issue now??? The only problem I have is the recieve in my opnion is too noisy. If not for that this would be one awsome radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.