• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker slimmed down SR-447 HPC2

My bad! My memory is failing me.

I was getting 55 watts true peak with a 3 watt carrier. And you are spot on with my tech. He said after 150% modulation it started getting dirty. Pretty sure he lowered the top end of the carrier to 10 instead of 12. He said to keep it clean.

Bass and Treble controls shown on the board @ 8:30

Okay, I think he points out some apparent mods for the SR 447HPC2 radio on a sheet of paper @ 0:11 - 0:13 (Audio/ receive related ? Not sure but you can freeze it and read it)

Here I think he appears to show two standard resistors removed to "open it up" @ 3:58 - 4:03 then shows approximate location on the bottom of the board. Weird that they are standard ones in an SMT board. Easier to grab, haha. Then I believe he shows the same location of the same removed resistors (R297 + R299) on the top side of the board @ 7:28- 7:31.

Can Anybody confirm Removing R297 & R298 on the Stryker SR_447HPC2 is the Frequency Mod? (y)

Of all the videos on YouTube, you had to pick the one with the most hated moronic person on CB in America. Do I need to mention his name?....................

How did you get 75 watts peak at any carrier? Had to be some kind of mod?
Mine does almost 90 at 14.9v just by adjusting the alc. Dk1 watt swings 85-90 peak and 40 average. No soldering. All adjustable. I cut off the fuses and about 5 feet of length in the power cables and gained about 10 watts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.