• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker slimmed down SR-447 HPC2

Just ordered a new Stryker SR-447HPC2. Should have it in next week. I declined the peak and tune.

Hopefully, I will be able to convert this radio with Stryker software. I did not buy the Stryker "special cable". I did buy a USB 2.0 A male to USB 2.0 Mini-B from Amazon. I think that's the right cable.

Amazon product ASIN B00NH11N5A

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
What’s the final output power when it’s been Aligned I like the Compact size of this Radio Appeals to truck drivers
as it’s compact size

When there’s a good installation (upgrades) in a big truck, that’s one of THE best-sounding radios on AM it’s possible to operate from a big truck.

One doesn’t need to ask the brand.

Got the Stryker SR-447HPC2 yesterday.

Reckon I will need the Stryker "special cable" because it has a serial port converter chip. No way to turn that annoying beep off. Friend of mine is going to let me borrow his cable.

DuhDuh.PNG

Last edited:
Just got one of these, finally put it on the bench. Did a quick function check to make sure it wasn't DOA, then clipped the resistors. The stock mic is decent, but I like the sound of the Astatic 636 better. I tried to adjust the ALC with my scope while talking into the mic. Couldn't quite tell what was max, so I used a 1khz tone on my phone instead. I tried a couple of power mics, which really made a difference. If this was a Cobra of a Galaxy, I could change the negative feedback for the audio amp to make the 636 the equivalent of a power mic. The tiny surface mount devices in this radio make this impossible for me. I settled on the K-PO NM532 turned about a quarter of the way up. Easily hitting 75w peak from any dead key setting, the radio will do 120% modulation and will hit 150% if you try. Amazingly, no flat tops or box cars. This is what really separates it from the other radios being made today.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Just got one of these, finally put it on the bench. Did a quick function check to make sure it wasn't DOA, then clipped the resistors. The stock mic is decent, but I like the sound of the Astatic 636 better. I tried to adjust the ALC with my scope while talking into the mic. Couldn't quite tell what was max, so I used a 1khz tone on my phone instead. I tried a couple of power mics, which really made a difference. If this was a Cobra of a Galaxy, I could change the negative feedback for the audio amp to make the 636 the equivalent of a power mic. The tiny surface mount devices in this radio make this impossible for me. I settled on the K-PO NM532 turned about a quarter of the way up. Easily hitting 75w peak from any dead key setting, the radio will do 120% modulation and will hit 150% if you try. Amazingly, no flat tops or box cars. This is what really separates it from the other radios being made today.
Heck yeah, it appeared it hasn't changed then. They're loud talking little radios and for the price can't be beat by many other AM exports. I use a telex turner rk56 and sounds great imo. My only gripe is the small controls but it's because of my fat vienna fingers.

Thanks @Shadetree Mechanic now I'm going to swap mine back into the truck lol. Always gets compliments on the big road!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.