• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR-65bc vs Ranger SRA-198 on Stryker 955HPC

Supspt454

Sep 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Been looking at both of these mics for a noise canceling option in mobile. They both have good reviews. Has anyone got either of these mics currently in use? I know the last Astatic I bought was garbage from quality stand point. PTT switch was junk from the factory.

I bought an entire batch of the SRA-198 when I found them at $19.95/ea. I think well enough of them they are the backup mike for at least six radios.

I don’t have the experience of many around here, but I’m sure there no such thing as a microphone too many. Get at least one and don’t sweat it. Drop back in it’s sleeve, roll it up in bubble wrap, and store it in a desk drawer . . .

. . unless, like me, you want at hand a quick reference mike for any setup.

Alternately, take the blackjack or sap out of the cars glovebox. Store this instead. Swing that SRA at a parking lot Goliath and he’s going down.

It slices, it dices . . . .

I like that the SRA has the PTT on the same side as most mics which the Stryker mic is in a weird place. However, sound quality is what I’m after. So PTT button locations aren’t super important.

Reactions: Silverbullet516

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated