• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Sr-955 Version 2

Oh, yes of course. What I'm most concerned with is the pep output on the lowest setting. My V1 came a bit too hot right out of the box. I had to knock it back a bit to protect my DX-500V. The one thing I noticed on these Strykers is that the modulation pot didn't need to be touched. I only bumped mine a hair to give me some overhead when using the M-1 Yaesu mic.
Cool. So you were able to adjust all the engineer/service, pwr, pep, audio, etc... settings via menu? These shops are trying to charge a mint for tuning what seems very little....if any is needed. Hold color button, power up, write stuff down and convert it to 11 meter..awesome...and easy. Thanks for the info

Cool. So you were able to adjust all the engineer/service, pwr, pep, audio, etc... settings via menu? These shops are trying to charge a mint for tuning what seems very little....if any is needed. Hold color button, power up, write stuff down and convert it to 11 meter..awesome...and easy. Thanks for the info

From what I understand, the 955 must be opened up to add 11 meters. When I get mine I'll get the info, but I'm pretty sure a wire needs to be snipped on the board. But, yes, the entire alignment procedure and tweaking is done with software. In fact, you can even change the audio bandwidth from the menu.

From what I understand, the 955 must be opened up to add 11 meters. When I get mine I'll get the info, but I'm pretty sure a wire needs to be snipped on the board. But, yes, the entire alignment procedure and tweaking is done with software. In fact, you can even change the audio bandwidth from the menu.
Sweet. I just ordered mine. When yours comes in, keep us updated on the procedures. Thanks.

How do you enable NPC via software? Do I need a hex editor??? :D

But seriously - Someone post up some audio samples of RX & TX with bandwidth maxed (4k I think?) I wonder if the low low frequency cutoff is configurable?

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
How do you enable NPC via software? Do I need a hex editor??? :D

But seriously - Someone post up some audio samples of RX & TX with bandwidth maxed (4k I think?) I wonder if the low low frequency cutoff is configurable?
Just a quick update, that I received my version 2 today and had a chance to play with the service menu a little bit. Everyone should make a note that the adjustments for power, modulation, Etc are not exactly what they seem. When you're adjusting the numbers, smaller numbers mean loader modulation. And smaller numbers mean Higher Side Band output. This would be much easier using the software but at the moment I am having trouble with their version 2 software talking to my radio. When I try to read from the radio it gets right to the very end and I get a runtime error that says Overflow. I'm attempting to work through that now.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I had the same run-time error issue with my DX-5000. Go to the initial setup and upload to the radio first. Afterwards, I can go back and forth with no issue.

With the Stryker, you need to "read from the radio" to get the info into the software before editing it. Otherwise you wipe out the existing programming.

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news fellas, but the ONLY tech that's competent enough to work on strykers says the new v2 are garbage out of the box. Complete splatter boxes, off frequency and just no good..... It just crushed my dreams of owning one because it just won't work well out of the box.....
ResizedP_7d5dc2c2-15e6-446c-bba0-4878096ea6c1_101656868613458.gif

So for now I'll just read all of your false claims of how well they work out of the box....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.