• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker Warranty Thread

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Well, as I posted earlier, my 955 V2 had to go back in for warranty because of power loss. I must say that so far, I am extremely impressed with the service. The radio showed up in Florida at Wakulla Electronics, and about an hour later Gregg called me to speak to me about it. We had a great conversation about the upgraded finals that were installed last time, and he was asking about the way I used the radio. He told me he would put it on the front burner, get it done, replace both finals, figure out what went wrong and then update the encoder. He asked me where I wanted the settings in the service menu and I told him to put in the generic settings they use to get it going and I can handle the rest. He agreed and said he would get right on it. I will update as things go and we'll see how long this takes. I'm kinda optimistic after speaking with him.

Well, as I posted earlier, my 955 V2 had to go back in for warranty because of power loss. I must say that so far, I am extremely impressed with the service. The radio showed up in Florida at Wakulla Electronics, and about an hour later Gregg called me to speak to me about it. We had a great conversation about the upgraded finals that were installed last time, and he was asking about the way I used the radio. He told me he would put it on the front burner, get it done, replace both finals, figure out what went wrong and then update the encoder. He asked me where I wanted the settings in the service menu and I told him to put in the generic settings they use to get it going and I can handle the rest. He agreed and said he would get right on it. I will update as things go and we'll see how long this takes. I'm kinda optimistic after speaking with him.
That's great to hear and once again Stryker shows to be above the others with customer support.

I recently sent in the 447hpc2 due to the mode switch failing, it was repaired well and extremely fast. It took about a week and a half and that's including from the day it shipped to them. Impressive!

On the other hand, the x9 shipped to Ontario California last week and when it arrived Thursday it started the 4 to 8 weeks to even make it on the bench. That's just to make it onto the repair bench! We'll see how that works out.

My next radio will most definitely be the 955 out of loyalty to the Stryker top tier product and service. Matter of fact, it will probably be the proceeds from the x9 that will pay for it!

Greg, no doubt we'll read a good report from your endeavor.

Last edited:
That's great to hear and once against Stryker shows to be above the others with customer support.

I recently sent in the 447hpc2 due to the mode switch failing, it was repaired well and extremely fast. It took about a week and a half and that's including from the day it shipped to them. Impressive!

On the other hand, the x9 shipped to Ontario California last week and when it arrived Thursday it started the 4 to 8 weeks to even make it on the bench. That's just to make it onto the repair bench! We'll see how that works out.

My next radio will most definitely be the 955 out of loyalty to the Stryker top tier product and service. Matter of fact, it will probably be the proceeds from the x9 that will pay for it!

Greg, no doubt we'll read a good report from your endeavor.
Actually, I spoke with the tech three times in a four hour span. After our initial conversation, I called him back to talk about the encoder issue. About an hour later he called me again and asked what amp I was running with it and how I set it up.
I told him the encoder issue was not a regular thing, but rather random. Sometimes would work great. Other times I had to manipulate it to get to the channel I wanted. He thanked me for telling him because he said they haven't really had issues with the V2 encoder. But, now he has something to watch for.
A few minutes later I received a text that stated a new encoder was on it's way from Stryker. So far, I have absolutely NO complaints. And that is something very strange for me. I'm picky as hell.

Stryker for the win! I have 3 of the 955 radios, the one I currently run is a v2, the other two are v1. Service after the sale goes a long way, especially these days where things are generally made to be disposable. I have heard that Anytone service is non existent, chosing which one to buy is a no brainier. I will be getting another v2 in the next few months as a backup, might put it in the truck for a while.

Now if Stryker could just put sideband into the 447, they would corner the market...........

Had an hour long discussion with Gregg from WEE electronics today about my V2. He's narrowed it down to the 24N mosfets not liking the millisecond delay just before triggering the amp relay. He says the transistors are reading it as open circuit and if used heavily with an amp will take it's toll on them. He gave me a couple of options. He would replace the 24N mosfets with new ones and send along a set of 520s incase I wanted to put them in. OR, he will insert the 520s and set it up factory stock, and include the 24N in case I wanted to play with them myself. Shawn told him to do whatever is necessary to make me happy. I told him to send me back a factory stock radio.

Had an hour long discussion with Gregg from WEE electronics today about my V2. He's narrowed it down to the 24N mosfets not liking the millisecond delay just before triggering the amp relay. He says the transistors are reading it as open circuit and if used heavily with an amp will take it's toll on them. He gave me a couple of options. He would replace the 24N mosfets with new ones and send along a set of 520s incase I wanted to put them in. OR, he will insert the 520s and set it up factory stock, and include the 24N in case I wanted to play with them myself. Shawn told him to do whatever is necessary to make me happy. I told him to send me back a factory stock radio.
Good choice, you'd probably be fighting the 24N's again anyway. Kind of baffling that Shawn suggested those to start with after all the fuss they've caused at ranger.

Meanwhile Ranger is trying to fix the rt1 problem by adding the rt6 to the mix
ResizedP_0a26b670-6de9-4c82-b70c-83ec5a3c0171_562302861907371.gif

UPDATE on the v2 warranty.

Just got a call from Gregg at WE electronics and he asked how I wanted the radio set up. Said the encoder is in and the finals are put back to stock. He told me that he confirmed his findings with other techs and everyone agrees that those 24N transistors DO NOT like to push an amplifier. They are failing in Rangers and other radios as well. Went back to stock finals and shipped the radio this morning. The longest wait was for the encoders to show up on shore. I am very pleased with Stryker warranty and we'll give her a good test when I get it back to see how it performs.

Got the V2 back today and I must say I am very impressed. Truthfully, don;t know why I even had those 24Ns installed. All back to stock with my own tweaks now and running like a clock. Still gets 100W pep,, dead keys where I want, drives my 500V perfectly. Gregg at WE Electronics is the man! And Shawn is absolutely wonderful to work with at Stryker. The only thing I haven't had was an audio check yet, still waiting for a good clear contact. All in all, I'm a Stryker fan. Excellent performance and fantastic warranty service. Can't go wrong. The only thing I must wait on is driving my amp for a while to make sure these stock finals hold up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.