• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stupid things seen or heard at a CB shop

http://www.worldwidedx.com/amplifiers/134967-clean-signals-c-class-7.html post 68

Ask Frank Rossio or Gayle Good, the ones who owned the shop when I worked there. I was just a tech there. My name got attached to a lot of what happened when they closed and since then. Probably because I was the most well known and on this forum as well. If it was send to 4335 E. Airport Rd. #100, Ontario, CA 91766 and the phone number was 909-605-1144 then it went to a business that was not owned by me.

going by the post above IMO .... (yes , we all know opinions are like ass holes) ..... if justin wasn't a part owner in the business i wouldn't consider him responsible for what happened ...... the business owners are responsible for the customers property , if a employee looses or screws up something it's on the owners to make it right with the customer .

As teenagers, me and a couple CB friends used to go into the local Radio Shack and ask ridiculous questions to snicker at the resulting answers. My favorite was asking if they had a box of SWR's in stock; that resulted in a trip to the back to ask the manager :laugh:

I am fortunate enough to have a great tech within 20 minutes drive of my house. He does good, honest work, uses a scope, and doesn't hack up people's radios.

While I was in having a rig worked on, a fella stopped in and said his radio wasn't getting out good in his mobile, and what could he do to help him? First questions asked were, what kind of antenna are you running, and next, what kind of radio? Third was, have you checked your SWR's? Not, well yeah, I can peak/tune that baby and have you get out 100 miles plus!

RT307

Reactions: walterjn
i often ask for ac batteries.
a friend asked for 24v ac non polarized fornicators.
they still have plenty of dumb looks and cellphones though at radioshack.
as for cb shop sillyness had a neighbor wiping out tv ch 2 after billybob and his buttbuddy at some truckstop charged him $50 to supertune the rig.
slug gone from the tvi trap.
bias cranked up till the rig pulled 10a on ssb without audio.
why it didnt blow up is still a mystery!
the rig was a president jackson.
guy was lucky it wasnt trashed by the idiots.try to find an original mrf477 today.

Dumbest thing I ever heard at a CB shop....is that if you want to lower the dead key to run an amp, you have to snip the modulation limiter.

"A Cobra 21 GTL won't talk as well as a Cobra 25 or 29 GTL"
Sounded OK when I was younger and dumber but I bought a Cobra 25 GTL and was better off with an RF gain control which the 21 didn't have,

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.