• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Suggestion - Comment

Should The Member's Only Controversial-Topic Forum Be Opened Up To Everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, Keep It As Is

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Do Away With The Private Forum

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hi forum, here is a suggestion-comment as the Forum Title invites.

I think the Member's Only Forum for controversial, political, religious topics isn't serving the overall membership very well. Just an opinion.

Just-checked total site membership shows 14,554 members. Wow, that's a lot.

So how many paid subscribers, not counting staff, are there enjoying this exclusive access to all this juicy superchat? 8-10-12?

I say open the forum up to everyone and merely keep the controversial, political, religious discussions segregated to this forum. Those here only interest in radio related topics can simply stay out of it if they don't wish to participate.

Seems like the sub-forum is only getting light use from a tiny fraction of the 14,554 ??

Last edited:

You didn't seem to mind it being there when you had access to it.

No I didn't. But now I don't and....where is my money (two different payments) ??

But this is irrelevant to my starting post.

Don't anybody get riled up. This forum asks for Comments and Suggestions and this thread is just that.

i say open the religious one . more folks need to learn the err of their ways and stop devoting their life to an imaginary friend that doesn't exist . many probably don't realize that they are supporting a belief that has been responsible for more blood shed and war than any hitler or bin laden type ever dreamed of taking out ........ all because they didn't believe what they believe and act like they act .

better hurry with the change though ...... the world ends in 48 hours :eek::eek::LOL::LOL:

Why the world might end next Saturday - Religion - Salon.com

"A group of Christian activists believe the apocalypse is May 21. ............ "

How about we just delete the religious part of the section and do not allow the content?
That way we do not have to deal with the BS it causes and you can go find a forum that is more suited to your religious interests and just visit us here when you want to enjoy a radio forum.

:headbang

Jeff

How about we just delete the religious part of the section and do not allow the content?
That way we do not have to deal with the BS it causes and you can go find a forum that is more suited to your religious interests and just visit us here when you want to enjoy a radio forum.

Jeff

Mmmm...well isn't politics just as much BS and controversy as religion?

Dump them both and there's not much reason left for the sub-forum at all.

What's wrong with opening it up to everyone?

Jeff

i really enjoy the controversy part of the Politics, Religion, & Controversy section .

its my mission in life to save folks from class C amps , antennas without full length ground elements and devoting their life to imaginary friends .

The man asked for Comments and Suggestions ....so I made my comment.
This is first , and foremost a radio forum, there is a subsection that is for this type of topic, it was SOOOO troublesome in the past that it was decided to remove it from the public forum and doing so cut down on a lot of....moderation time...cleaning up the mess.
Yes it is a very conversational topic full of strong opinions that set off flame wars in people.
So I guess I should Clarfy my first post as " My opinion" and this post as to why I would object to let it go back on the public forum.
There are Many Great forums out there in the cloud to have long and thoughtful debate on the subject of many many different religion`s, but really, this is a radio forum.

Jeff

Jeff

(y) (y) I AGREE!!

As for religion, that is a personal choice and most people live a better life for believing in something. I'm not referring to the religious fanatics but normal mainstream people. If that is their choice then so be it. It doesn't affect me in any way, shape, or form except when the JW's start knocking on my door but I pretty much have that taken care of since I convinced them that a crazy man with Tourette's syndrome and homicidal tendencies lives here. :laugh:

personally i think where it is is a good place to let off steam, its deffo not for public viewing as it would start far too much trouble, topics there are very close to the bone and i think where those that use it now are very openminded/opinionated and passionate i doubt very much everyone would view things that way.

I vote we keep the private forum just the way it is and get rid of everything else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?