• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Summer has arrived!!

It so hot down in south Texas I had to roll the front AND back windows down.

Attachments

• 20230625_124358.jpg
    20230625_124358.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 56
It so hot down in south Texas I had to roll the front AND back windows down.
Then push the vent windows all the way around backwards and keep the vehicle moving......

Hot one here in Delaware today, over 80 degrees with the humidity up. Reminds me of When I was a kid, we would visit my grandma in Georgia. How did people live without AC in the olden days?

Last edited:
Here is a sad story about Texas heat.

Then push the vent windows all the way around backwards and keep the vehicle moving......

Hot one here in Delaware today, over 80 degrees with the humidity up. Reminds me of When I was a kid, we would visit my grandma in Georgia. How did people live without AC in the olden days?
Already had the floor vents open. It might be too cold with the wing vents open

Here is a sad story about Texas heat.

Oh man! There are so many people who don't understand what the extreme heat can do and how fast it can do it! I hate to hear this, it breaks my heart. One of the cardinal rules here is to Never, ever, hike the Big Bend when the temps are in triple digits.

I'm actually surprised they haven't closed the park. ??
:( :(:(

Last edited:
Same goes up here at the Palo Duro state park. Last year they had to implement some rules to keep people from hiking during the typical 120 degree heat in the canyons. Sad to see lives lost like that. We had a you man lose his life to heat there just a few days ago

• Sad
Reactions: Brother DXer
Know the warning signs of heat exhaustion vs. heat stroke.

In my stubbornness, I often "power through" the heat with what I call "Go Mode", just get it done. I drink plenty of water and take a 10 min cool down break every half hour, and even then I can feel it creeping up on me.

Also take the time to check up on elderly neighbors and friends. My 92 year old mother in law doesn't know when she is too hot. She grew up in Florida in the 1930's and they were used to being hot. In sweltering temperatures, she doesn't complain about being hot, sweat rolling off her forehead and everything. Thankfully my father in law put AC in their house several years ago before he passed.

@Shadetree Mechanic
Yes AC for older people is VERY important. Dad who’s 85 doesn’t feel the heat too much. Wears long sleeves with sweater…even in summer. Complains that it’s cold with the AC. His circulation is obviously not what it should be. My mom who’s the same age feels the heat so she insists on it being on.

Same goes up here at the Palo Duro state park. Last year they had to implement some rules to keep people from hiking during the typical 120 degree heat in the canyons. Sad to see lives lost like that. We had a you man lose his life to heat there just a few days ago

I've been there before, Ed. It was too hot to do much of anything and we left. And this was in mid May! My second trip was planned for the end of October and was perfect weather. Palo Duro is a beautiful place!

Low to mid 90s ,feels like 110 to 112 and going up .
I've lived in both, high humidity areas and low. I'll definitely take the low humidity. @BigLou as you know, that high humidity with high temps is the worst!! The one time I got sick because of the heat was in Florida. o_O
Stay safe out there!!

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Golly Wally

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.