• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

super penetrator 500 questions

Top hat = 10" x .25" flat aluminum.

Attached is my best antenna tuning results for my I-10K. I hope you can read it all after all these years. I tuned this directly at the feed point. I used the working feed line and every thing inline on my system for the SWR results in the shack. You can use zoom on the PDF file if you want to see better.

If instead of the real antenna results I got on my I-10K, you wanted Eznec results...I do have a model with a physical trombone model attached showing a near resonance at 27.205 mhz where I designed the model. However, the ZERO reactance is somewhere a little below 26.965 mhz. I have not worked on this model in a while either and I never fixed the mismatch. That said, my model with the trombone attached shows 1.40:1 SWR at the feed point, and that's not bad for a 5/8 wave.

Click on Antenna Work Sheet below.
Well THAT's odd, your measurements are 18' 9" at the top of the page, & 19' in the heading notes. That's almost 3' short of a 22' 4" 5/8. I noticed it didn't seem to want to tune flat for you, I wonder, did you try it at a full 21' 6" (plus the top hat so 22' 4" total) THEN tune both halves of the trombone for the right 'note' ? :)

NB, the 18' 9" note at the top of the page was just a note. I made notes there to myself.
I have no idea why I wrote down 18' 9" inches, but this was the antenna height and had nothing to do with the radiator length.

The comments show the variables in tuning dimensions for the trombone tuner in this test, or could show some other change I made since the previous test.

The 19' feet noted is the actual antenna height.

You can check my actual antenna dimensions on the left hand margin of test #5. I put them down there, because I knew somebody besides me would what to know. Plus my memory is not as good as many others...so I write stuff down.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Ok, that makes better sense, I just misunderstood your notations. Still, I wish you could try an extended .64, the I-10K platform makes it a breeze to retune and I sure liked the improvement in performance, especially at non-skip DX.
That's the one thing I regret that I never got to do was compare the .64 Penetrator to the GainMaster. When I had both, the Penetrator was back to a .625 5/8.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.